It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-21-2012, 08:10 PM   #1
(female)

darling02 HB User
Rectal Vaginal Fistula from Childbirth

I am so happy to have found this site! I had a rectal vaginal fistula from childbirth in Sept 2011. I just had surgery - overlapping sphincterplasty, removal of anal fissure and hemmhroid, and repair of sphincter muscle - on Jan 10th 2012. Two days after surgery my entire incision opened up so I have a open wound along the entire length of my perineum and the hole on the rectum side re-opened and now stool is coming through and coming out of my wound!!! Apparently this will heal from the inside out but will take months. I am six weeks post-op and have FINALLY started feeling a bit better. I cannot believe the pain and nausea I had. I didn't know how I was going to cope but I am feeling a little more positive now.

Kendra - Just saw your post now. I had to wait 3 months after birth for tissues to heal and my surgeon that even after all this time everything was still inflamed when he went in. He also said this is probably why I got the infection after surgery which caused my incision to open up. As anxious as I was to have the surgery (I had all gas and residual stool coming out of vagina) I would have waited longer if I knew that this could have happened. What I am dealing with now is FAR worse than what I was dealing with before. I didn't think it was possible but it is.

It is so terrible and disgusting to have a wound that oozes all day and to have to use a shower head to get all the stool out that gets stuck in my wound. Thank god my husband is wonderful and helpful but I still would love to talk to someone who has gone through this as you can't understand unless you have had it happen.

Any feedback would be wonderful and greatly appreciated!

The Following User Says Thank You to darling02 For This Useful Post:
Miss1999 (03-09-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-09-2012, 06:55 PM   #2
(female)

Miss1999 HB User
Re: Rectal Vaginal Fistula from Childbirth

Being a woman who is a survivor of obstetric fistula, myself, I know the pain and shame that you go through on a day to day basis living this way. You are not alone in this struggle. There is a support group for women who are living with obstetric fistula and survivors of obstetric fistula. If you do a search on a popular social networking site, (I'm sure you can "F"igure out which one I'm speaking of, for "Living With Obstetric Fistula", and you should be to find it. It's good to just be able to talk with people who've been through the same thing. No one understands what you've been through, like someone who's been through it. Thinking of you, and hoping things are going well for you, now.

Old 03-10-2012, 10:42 AM   #3
(female)

darling02 HB User
Re: Rectal Vaginal Fistula from Childbirth

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! I have asked to be accepted to the site and cannot wait. Even just seeing the site brought tears to my eyes. I have so much family support but it is still so hard to relate when someone doesn't understand exactly what you are going through. I am feeling better and healing but still a long way to go.....

Closed Thread