It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-26-2012, 06:58 PM   #1
(female)

Midwestlady57 HB User
Unhappy What next??

I have 6+ momths of rectal bleeding and pain on BM and despite colonoscopy and other treatments, unable to determine cause. I have had 4 colonoscopies due to fam hx. Polyps removed in past but last one in oct 2011 was clear. Rectal bleeding, painful awful bowel movements and anal itching with rash since late fall. Last week i had rectocele repair (gyn) and my reg surgeon was supposed to repair anal fissure at same time. While i was " out" surgeon told my husband there was no fissure. I see him again in a week, but what's left? If colonoscopy came back okay and no fissure or hemorrhoids, what is causing the bleeding and awful pain on defecation ( and this is every bowel movement, not just occasionally)?? I am afraid they are going to suggest exploratory surg to look further into my digestive system. Occasional upper right quad pain but nothing severe. I was hospitalized 5 yrs ago for singular episode of diverticulitis. I am at wit's end on what is causing the pain and bleeding. Any ideas??

Old 03-11-2012, 07:27 PM   #2
(female)

Tweetums HB UserTweetums HB UserTweetums HB UserTweetums HB User
Re: What next??

Hi, I just wanted to say I hope you've gotten some answers by now and are feeling better.

It sounds to me like you have an anal fissure. The first crs I saw didn't even see mine. The second one said I should live with it. The third one did surgery on me. That was 6 weeks ago tomorrow - and I was doing okay and healing, but today I had blood with my stool. I'm very upset, to say the least.

Anyhow, I wanted to reply to you, because it didn't look like you had received any replies. You're not alone with your misery. Anyone with rectal/anal pain is miserable, I know. --- Take care, and write if you get this.

The following user gives a hug of support to Tweetums:
DailyHope (03-12-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread