It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-27-2012, 01:49 PM   #1
(female)

lisa93 HB User
Post Constipation & smelling

Ive had constipation for nearly a year now, and ive tryed everything to get rid of it and nothings works ive changed by diet, tryed eating more fiber, drink lots of water everything and nothing seems to work, i also take lots of stool softeners and tablets to help me go it works sometimes and then ill just go back to being constipated, i dont know what is causing it and also ive noticed there has been a smell coming from me like ive passed gas or a poop smell which is really embarrassing i only seemed to smelled it when i got constipated because i was fine when i could go regular. I cant seem to pinpoint wheres the smell is coming from but im a very clean person and take a showers daily, its ruining my life and making me really paranoid and depressed, does anyone else experience this? ..much appreciated for any answers!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-28-2012, 09:58 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

flipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB User
Re: Constipation & smelling

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa93 View Post
Ive had constipation for nearly a year now, and ive tryed everything to get rid of it and nothings works ive changed by diet, tryed eating more fiber, drink lots of water everything and nothing seems to work, i also take lots of stool softeners and tablets to help me go it works sometimes and then ill just go back to being constipated, i dont know what is causing it and also ive noticed there has been a smell coming from me like ive passed gas or a poop smell which is really embarrassing i only seemed to smelled it when i got constipated because i was fine when i could go regular. I cant seem to pinpoint wheres the smell is coming from but im a very clean person and take a showers daily, its ruining my life and making me really paranoid and depressed, does anyone else experience this? ..much appreciated for any answers!
The poop smell is probably gas going around the stool in the rectum. I have had constipation problems all my life and I am almost 51 yrs.old. I tell you what I have found works for me the best to keep from getting constipated. I have a set time schedule every day to sit on the toilet to move my bowels. Sometimes it only takes 5 minutes and sometimes it takes me 30 minutes depending how much fiber and water I got into me the day before. I found that I can't allow myself to go beyond 36 hours without moving my bowels. If this does happen then I use a glycerin suppository to help soften the stool so it makes it less painful to go. If I start passing a lot of gas and or if I get trapped gas it's usually a very good indication that I need to take the time to move my bowels and the gas problem is resolved. The one thing I have found that makes it easier to move my bowels without pain is do slow deep breathing exercises continuously until I have moved my bowels. It relaxes me and the anal and rectal muscles so it's easier to go. Listening to relaxing music while doing the slow deep breathing exercises helps me to concentrate better on the breathing exercises and helps me to relax more as well. This probably seems like it's a lot time spent on the toilet just trying to move your bowels but it's better than spending more time than that on the toilet trying to pass large hard dry stool after not going for more than 2-7 days in a row. I have spent at least an hour trying to go when I am very constipated and it's very painful. An ounce of prevention is better than a pound of cure. That is so true of preventing constipation in the first place.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread