It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-27-2012, 08:03 PM   #1
(female)

FamiliarStrange HB User
I think I have hemorroids? (Doctors, physicians, ANYBODY? Help me!)?

I know this is weird, but I don't know where else to ask help! I couldn't find a proper category that fits my issue, so I just posted it here. Anyway.
10 days ago, weird symptoms started to develop: itching in the anus, pain and discomfort when sitting. I also noticed something - a bump?- in the anus, also, the anus opening seems to be pink-ish, red-ish as though it is irritated or something. I believe it is hemorroids because: my diet is low in fiber, I suffer from constipation (ESPECIALLY during the days - a week or two - before my period and during my period), I sit for very long hours without standing, bowel movements are always accompanied by straining, during the days before my period - a week or two - I feel very, very bloated and often have the urge to pass gas (not very pleasant, I know), and my diet isn't healthy (but I'm not obese - YET).
I have been suffering from discomfort, itching and pain in the anus area for more than a week now - 10 days to be exact (it started on Friday Feb. 17th.).
First off, I want to know if it is dangerous or not. Would it cause major injuries if I ignored it? I'm not sure if it's an internal or external hemorroids, but it seems like it's somewhere in between... I honestly don't know. Although I do think it's internal because the pain is mostly felt internally, while the itching is both internally and externally. Also, will it go away if I ignored it? If not, what do I do? Please don't tell me to visit the doctor, becuase it's not gonna happen. I can't even tell my own parents, so please, doctors are out of the question. I also can't get any medicine or any creams from the pharmacy because I have to tell my parents when I buy medicinal things - and I DON'T want to tell my parents about it. I don't want to tell anyone, it's very embarrassing for me and I just can't handle it!
Secondly, I've looked up some remedies like adjusting my diet and drinking plenty of water - would that help? My usual diet doesn't consist of lots of vegetables, but for the last few days I've been trying my best to drink lots of water (up to 2 liters or sometimes more!) and eat vegetables as much as I can (I'm trying ((( )!!!!! Would that help? PLEASE be honest with me! I wanna know if I'm doomed! Again, I really can't tell my parents or a doctor or anybody! Please! It's sooooo uncomfortable now and I can't stand it. Would adjusting my diet and exercising more help???? :'( I'm literally hopeless now. Will I end up having large intestinal cancer or something if I don't see a doctor?

I'm like, seriously desparate. Please help me. I'm just a 16-year old teenager! :'(

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-22-2012, 10:09 PM   #2
(male)

jackforce1 HB User
Re: I think I have hemorroids? (Doctors, physicians, ANYBODY? Help me!)?

You need to see a doctor. Ask for a female one, they're required to accommodate you if possible in this. Something like 50% of people develop hemorrhoids at some point in their lives, so there's no reason to be ashamed, but it is kind of embarrassing, i know. Trust me, you want to find out what it is and keep it from getting worse so you don't end up with constant pain or needing surgery later. Just do it.

The reason you need to see a doc is because it would be lots of things. Like most medical issues, the faster you treat it the better the outcome. It could be anal cancer, a yeast infection, HPV, warts, fissure, hemorrhoids, some sort of fungal, bacterial, or viral infection...The list goes on.

Last edited by jackforce1; 04-22-2012 at 10:12 PM.

Closed Thread

Tags
hemorroids