It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-28-2012, 07:12 PM   #1
(male)

Pellaaranion HB User
Worried, does this sound like possible tumor?

Hi everyone. Here we go again..another one of THOSE threads.....

First of all let me say I'm 33 years old male and I have never been officially diagnosed for IBS but for years (i'm talking like since childhood) it has been clear to me that i do suffer from it. Lots of gases, bowel movements 2 or 3 times a day (sometimes more) every time i get anxious or nervous i have to go, etc.

The one manifestation of IBS i've never had is constipation. But three weeks ago, i started having trouble passing stool and it hasn't stopped since. From how it feels, it seems to me the problem is somewhere in (or close to) the rectum. It isn't really constipation in the sense that i still have to have bowel movements as often as before (generally about 15 to 30 mins after eating, which is usual for me), it's just that everytime i go not a lot of it comes out, i have to really strain (often i strain and nothing comes out) and when it does its 99% of the time flattened or narrow, soft (never hard or lumpy which is what's common for true constipation) and sometimes kinda greasy/mucusy. When this started my stools tended to be REALLY long and narrow, now they're still narrow/flattened just not long. Sometimes i have to go to the toilet 7 or 8 times in a day to get all of it out and even then that's often not enough and it causes me to have stomach problems and nausea because my intestines are not emptying as they should, making me feel nauseated and lacking appetite. There has been NO bleeding, no pain in the bowels or when i go, my weight is still the same, my eating habits are the same as ever (well expect for the less appetite caused by nausea) but it is so unlike anything i've ever experienced in my lifetime problems with IBS that it does have me very worried. I felt "up there" and could not really identify anything wrong to the touch but then again, i'm not a doctor and the problem could be higher up then what i could reach. It REALLY seems to me like the problem is structural, that something is preventing proper stool passage. People will tell me flattened stools and constipation can happen with IBS but i've NEVER had that.

In the last five days i've also started to have coccyx bone pain (it clearly is the bone, when i press on it it hurts and feels sore), it's not going away but i've never had this before and while i think maybe it could just be from sitting position, i find it strange these should both happen at the same time (from straining maybe?).

I know that bleeding is the real cause for concern for rectal cancer but i DO also know that narrow flattened stools are up there too, and there's the fact that it is possible to have a bit of bleeding but never enough to be noticeable in the stools. And six months ago i had blood tests done and it shown that i was close to being anemic (I wasn't but it was really bordeline) and so of course now i started to think, what if i have been bleeding for a long time, explaining the blood results, and now it finally manifests itself physically....

I don't know, i'm possibly crazy but i wanted to know if that sounds like anything people who've had bowel cancer went through....

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread