It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-10-2012, 10:04 AM   #1
(female)

Chloekc HB User
Lump and pain in lower left abdomen area. Bowel related?

Hi there, I'm a 20 year old female; I've had IBS and gluten/dairy intolerances for four/five years now.

I wonder if anyone can help me...

Over the past year, I have been having numerous problems with my bowels and ovaries (bowel movements, irregular periods, bloating, pain etc). However, within this time, I have been have aching pains around when my left ovary is/pelvic level on the left side of my abdomen. This increases hugely (to the point of tears sometimes), when I have intercourse, have a bowel movement, sneeze or cough normally... Sometimes to the point I have to kneel down and grab my stomach.

If I cough/sneeze and hold the area at the same time, the sharp pain does not come until I let go. My main worry is that I was at my partner's flat the other day, wondering why I was getting period-like aching pains on my left side (two days after my period had stopped) and suddenly found a marble shaped lump in the area. Thinking I was being silly, I asked my boyfriend to feel it and he too felt both sides and noticed a hard, yet moveable (to an extent) lump there. When I went to find it yesterday for my mum to feel (as she has had a ruptured cyst before), I suddenly got bad aching pains down my left thigh, back and the area itself, which hasn't stopped since.

Medical wise, I have had a colonoscopy two years ago which came back normal, and an internal/external ovarian ultrasound at christmas (which my doctor has not contacted me about, so I imagine it is fine, as she said she would call if there was anything abnormal). I do have a condition in which my hormones are not always produced sufficiently, due to not producing cortisol/not enough adrenaline, but this is completely controlled through steroids (had blood tests after christmas, and received a letter from my Endo saying my levels were perfect). My last period was only two days long (although 'normal'); therefore, considering my bowel/stomach problems, I am assuming that this lump and pain is to due to colon problems/intestinal?

Bowel wise, I have had problems with bowel movements for years now, sometimes normal, but most the time constipated (it was the opposite 4 years ago, but has been this way since). I've visited dieticians and a gastroenterologist, who did the colonoscopy and a special diet for me. This helped the bloating, as I no longer have gluten or dairy, but it hasn't helped the bowel issue. Therefore, I strain a lot which I'm worried has created the lump, or is there something wrong with the colon there (have had persistent dull pains there for years, but just ignored it due to knowing my bowels aren't good generally). The pain gets worse when I have a bowel movement (especially 'straining' [sorry for the details]). I have used mild laxatives suggested by the dietician and nature (vegetables etc) ones, which have worked, so don't believe I have an obstruction.

I apologise for the length of this question, but I wanted to put everything in to rule everything out!

Thank you for any help, it is much appreciated, as it seems to be getting worse now

Chloe

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread