It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-11-2012, 06:04 PM   #1
(female)

Kelly999 HB User
Smile How I Healed My Anal Fissure!

Hi guys and gals! I just wanted to make a quick post about how I FINALLY healed my fissure! I had a chronic anal fissure on the left side of my anus for almost three months. Blood would fill the toilet after almost every bowel movement. I've always been prone to constipation and hard stools, but this was my first fissure. I also developed a small lump on the left side of my anus, it looked slightly silver/bluish. It went away after a few days, but my fissure stayed with me. Finally, I discovered Miralax. I took half a capfull (dose is a full cap) each night with a glass of water for a month and I am now completely healed! I still feel a slight twinge of pain randomnly, but NOTHING compared to having a fissure! If you're trying to do the "load up on fiber thing" eat "soft" fiber like oatmeal instead of "hard" fiber like shredded wheat. Also, if you're upping your fiber intake, up your water intake also. Fiber bulks up your stool, it doesn't soften it. If you load up on fiber and don't drink enough water, it's just going to make your feces bigger! I also take a square of toilet paper, wrap it around my finger and apply a small amount of vaseline in and around my anus before I have a bowel movement.

Good luck to you all!

Last edited by Mod-S4; 12-26-2012 at 07:22 PM.

The Following User Says Thank You to Kelly999 For This Useful Post:
theramses (08-28-2012)
Old 03-17-2012, 03:42 AM   #2
(male)

nuflia HB User
Re: How I Healed My Anal Fissure!

hi
hope you are well now, i am complaining form the anal fissure, it is a chronic one, the doctor is giving me some cream and he said it would help in healing my fissure,,what is this Miralax and how u use it and where to find it, and is it helpful to use Vasalein

your reply is appreciated

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-13-2012, 06:52 AM   #3
(female)

slrlisa00 HB User

i like you kelly have the same problem in the same area left side i have had this anal fissure for like over a mth it has gotten better then it was cuz just like you i would go to the bathroom and fill the toilet with blood i finally went to the er and the doctors said it was a fissure they gave me some suppositorys and it has helped alot i still bleed alittle when it gets irratied but for the most part the bleeding has almost stopped i think since the 8th of last month i must have bleed up to today 5 xs compared to everyday its a very fringhten thing to bleed from that area i still have some pain every now and then but nothing like it use to be i am very glad i came across your post i will try that medication you were talking about i know you can get it from walmart or cvs i hope all is still well with you and your fissure is gone my is getting there slowy

Old 08-13-2012, 07:35 AM   #4
(female)

Kelly999 HB User

nuflia---Miralax is used relieve constipation and soften stool. For me, it did not have any side effects and worked within 2-3 days. I bought mine at Walmart, but it's sold at a wide variety of stores such as, Rite-Aid, CVS, Walgreens, Target, etc.

slrlisa00--Yes! Suppositories definitely helped me from relapsing! If I felt my fissure was returning, I would use a Prep-H Suppository at night for a few nights in a row. These are definitely a life saver! I did have some random pains after my fissure was healed, but now they are completely gone!

Prayers for you both

Closed Thread