It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-14-2012, 03:46 AM   #1
(female)

Gemstar26 HB User
Unhappy Falling apart... Help!!!

I'm a fifteen year old girl. I eat healthily and am very active. This is quite lengthy but I'm trying to describe in as much detail as possible, so here go's.

I have always been healthy until the age of 11. I started experiencing the most intense stomach pains ever! A couple of weeks later, the diarrhea and orange and clear mucus started. Mum took me to the docs who ordered a stool test... Results were normal. I suffered like this for the next 2 months before the GP sent me to a gastroenterologist. I then had a colonoscopy and endoscopy performed. Nothing really showed up except minor inflammation around the rectal area, but nothing screaming out 'I'm sick!'. The gastro doc said I had post infectious IBS and said it would clear up within a couple of months. It never has.

When I turned 12, I began experiencing severe gas, vertigo, hallucinations and intense headaches.

A couple of months after these first manifestations, mum took me to ER as I had gone to the toilet (for diarrhea) 38 times. Blood tests showed up normal and an IV was put in to keep me hydrated. It was then I was referred to another gastroenterologist.

He scheduled another colonoscopy and endoscopy to be performed two weeks before Christmas. It was then when things really took a turn for the worse. The prep that was supposed to clear me out, didn't stop working. I was going to the bathroom 80 times a day! The colonoscopy showed ulcers and the endoscopy showed inflammation of the duodenum. They took biopsies and showed there was minor gastritis. I was then admitted to hospital.

Another stool test revealed raised CRP levels of 280. They also did an ultrasound scan which showed my appendix was acutely inflamed. They took that out hoping that it was the answer to all my problems but it wasn't.

This year I have developed more symptoms like reflux, shortness of breath, heart palpitations and my stomach pains are constant and have become debilitating as well as having all the other symptoms, which are still there. I have developed vitamin deficiencies and osteoporosis because of malabsorption syndrome. I have also lost five kg and am currently 35 kg. I am 152 cm in height. The diarrhea is still really bad and I'm still going 10-12 times a day. This year alone I've been to the ER four times because of all the problems.

Yesterday I had an EEG performed, which we haven't seen the results for yet
and today I had an endoscopy that was completely normal. I didn't want to do the colonoscopy because of what happened last time. I also have pain when I swallow, even saliva, in the chest area.

Please can someone shed some light on what this could be. I'm extremely depressed and everyone my friends and family say they don't know who I am anymore! HELP!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread