It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-18-2012, 02:56 AM   #1
(female)

Bod27 HB User
Question Intermittent bleeding, IBS??

Hi there, this is my first post so bear with me

I am 27, female. For the past say 6 months I have had intermittent bleeding when I go to the loo. I'm sorry this is going to be somewhat too much info. The blood is a darker red almost maroon in colour. It has been both on the stool and in the stool. I have also had alot of orangey mucus constantly. I have no diarrhoea and the stool's are usually soft not hard (although they can be larger sometimes) The bleeding is not everyday nor even every week. But I would say quite often. I have only gotten worried as my mother yelled at me and called me irresponsible as I have been too embarrassed to go to the doctors. The reason she reacted so strongly I found out was because, My Paternal Grandmother had blood in her stools which got worse and she too was embarrased to see a doc. She died of Bowel cancer.
However I just can't see this being so serious, Surely the bleeding would be constant and there would be pain. I have hardly any pains in my stomach area, I do have a pressure feeling that is quite sore sometimes that isn't associated with my needing to pass a stool, but it is in that area.
Do you think this may be the symptoms of IBS or IBD?
Is it likely just to clear up itself?
Thanks
Bod

Old 03-18-2012, 01:02 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User
Re: Intermittent bleeding, IBS??

It's certainly NOT IBS, because it doesn't bleed.

Absolutely get your butt in to see the doctor and get referred to a gastroenterologist and INSIST on a colonoscopy asap.

It's your butt, yes....but you are irresponsible to not get it checked because of the symptoms you're having.

It may be IBD, it may be diverticulitis, it may be a hemmie, it may be polyps, it may be cancer...

I have ulcerative colitis, and having one's butt exposed to check out what's going on is totally minor. Knowing is better than worrying and trying to justify all the possibilities of what it isn't. Whatever it is that you have won't change because of what you don't want it to be. Your family history states urgency.

Oh, and if your mom hasn't had a colonoscopy as of yet...tell her you both should get checked.

q

The Following User Says Thank You to quincy For This Useful Post:
Bod27 (03-18-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-18-2012, 03:25 PM   #3
(female)

Bod27 HB User
Re: Intermittent bleeding, IBS??

I think it is the thought of looking my doctor in the eye after her doing what she does down there. However I do know I am being silly & will make an appointment tomorrow. I really thought it would be IBS, is that more or less the same as IBD? What is ulcerative colitis?
Thank you for your reply Quincy

Closed Thread