It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-23-2012, 12:58 PM   #1
(female)

ElyseNicole HB User
Unhappy New here, and desparatly in need of advice.

Just a quick background. I am a 33 year old female. A few months back I noticed a little of blood in my stool. It wasn't that alarming, but a few weeks ago, there was an excessive amount of blood (bright red and dark red), along with pain and discomfort. I went to get a CT Scan. The CT scan did not show any blockage, but it showed an excessive amount of mesenteric lymph nodes, duodenal thickening, a focal ulcer in the second portion of the duodenem and there is scaring in the lingula.

I also have dropped about 20 pounds in 2 months with out changing my daily routine. I went to the Gastro Doctor and I am scheduled for an endoscopy and colonoscopy this Wednesday. I am very anxious and scared. I would greatly appreciate it if someone could give me any insight on what to expect after the procedure, and also how long both procedures will take. They are "putting me under" and that scares me the most. Thank you in advance.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-23-2012, 01:44 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User
Re: New here, and desparatly in need of advice.

When you say you are being put under, do you mean a General Anesthetic.
I have had four Endoscopys and two Colonoscopys. On one occasion I had both done at the same time. Mine was done under local sedation where a light sedation is used, I had no problems at all and whatever they used to sedate me I had no recolation of any of the procedures. When I came round I was given a drink and biscuits. I was starving as the pre-Colonoscopy procedure cleans you out.
You may have a slight sore throat for a few hours (I did on one of mine) after the Endoscopy but it soon goes. I experienced some wind/gas after the Colonoscopy again nothing to worry about, soon goes.
In all you have nothing to fear, I was scared the first time but if it had been bad believe me I would not have had three more. I think the whole procedure took about 20 mins.
I wish you well and hope this gives you peace of mind.

Solofelix.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread