It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-27-2012, 09:13 AM   #1
(female)

JinxKnits HB User
Exclamation anterior displacement of the anus with posterior shelf

My daughter (almost 9 months old now) was diagnosed with "slight anterior displacement of the anus with posterior shelf" when she was 3.5 months old. The GI who charted this NEVER TOLD US ABOUT IT AT ALL. We only found out because something awful happened that required us to obtain all of her medical records, and in doing so we obtained the GI's records and found this diagnosis on the very first page, from the very first visit she had with him.

It has been a nightmare trying to find information about this problem. It has been an even bigger night mare trying to find someone who can/will actually HELP us with this and get my child better!

If ANYONE has ANY experience with this diagnosis, please share your experience/insight/advice with me! I have read surgery is the only real "cure" for this...can anyone confirm? If not, what are other options? Is there a particular doctor or hospital in the US that has more knowledge/experience/expertise in dealing with this? If so, who/where is it? My daughter has suffered WAY too long if this is fixable (which, from what I have read so far, it is). We are hitting entirely too many roadblocks in trying to get her the help she needs. I am getting frustrated, she is constantly in pain and unable to poop on her own, doctors are ignoring us, and even CPS was involved because our last pediatrician just sent us to the ER every time she got constipated, and the ER got tired of seeing her for the same thing over and over again! Yet no one would actually HELP her!

What can/do I do here????

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread