It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-31-2012, 11:06 AM   #1
(male)

owieher HB User
A pimple near anus is painful during bowel and contraction.

Edited:

Just came back from the doctor and he told me I have an abscess.

So I got some antibiotics. Do you know if I will be okay w/o needing surgery or draining? It doesn't look like its pussing, but could be on its way?

Please advise.

SO SCARED. =(

Last edited by owieher; 03-31-2012 at 05:07 PM.

Old 03-31-2012, 01:04 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User
Re: A pimple near anus, painfu during bowel and contraction.

Hi...it could be a pilonidal cyst or an abscess...

Have you taken a look-see yourself..yep, squat over a mirror. That will give you a better idea of what it looks like.

If it's sort of blue and inflamed, it could be an external hemorrhoid.

q

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-31-2012, 01:18 PM   #3
(male)

owieher HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by quincy View Post
Hi...it could be a pilonidal cyst or an abscess...

Have you taken a look-see yourself..yep, squat over a mirror. That will give you a better idea of what it looks like.

If it's sort of blue and inflamed, it could be an external hemorrhoid.

q
There is no bleeding or strange fluid. More so, it is in just one area.

Yes. It looks like this a deep tissue abscess. BUt it doesn't have any yellowing or puss. It looks like the pimple on your nose. The one where it's painful and there isn't any filling.

It doesn't look like a cyst, or herpes or syphilis.

I am scared if its an STD.

Last edited by owieher; 03-31-2012 at 01:20 PM.

Old 03-31-2012, 01:26 PM   #4
(male)

owieher HB User

updated. they told me i had an abscess and i got some antibiotics.

if i dont see improvements in 2-3 days, they told me to do suregery. while googline. i read that fistula can hit me down the line?

Last edited by owieher; 03-31-2012 at 05:10 PM.

Old 04-01-2012, 12:00 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User

yes, it could become a fistula if the abscess is infected and isn't taken care of.

I hope the antibiotics help....curious if you have any bowel problems or if inflammatory bowel disease runs in your family?

q

The following user gives a hug of support to quincy:
owieher (04-01-2012)
The Following User Says Thank You to quincy For This Useful Post:
owieher (04-01-2012)
Old 04-01-2012, 06:18 AM   #6
(male)

owieher HB User

Quote:
yes, it could become a fistula if the abscess is infected and isn't taken care of.

I hope the antibiotics help....curious if you have any bowel problems or if inflammatory bowel disease runs in your family?

q
I googled a fistula, but not sure what it is.

I just got back from the ER. I knew I had to get it drained, but was so afraid. I was extremely anxious going through with it, and it was very very painful. We did blood work, scan, and eventually got the drainage. The draining process was very painful!!!

But after that, I felt a big change. This was also my first time in the ER.

Thanks.

-- My dad has had hemorrhoid issues before and he and I have always had weaker/sensitive stomaches.

Old 04-01-2012, 12:00 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

It's good you got it drained...I can only imagine the discomfort and pain of the process.

A fistula is basically a permanent "tunnel" in which an infected area/gland that's inside the body creates to have the infection escape to another eoithelial surface, either to outside the body or to another organ where it can be emptied.

If what you have is continually having drainage or has to be lanced, it's possible that the infection is inside the body and not cleared up. Therefore, it's creating a permanent tunnel. If that tunnel becomes blocked, it might form another fistula from the internal infection to another area to have the drainage happen...

Some people have a fistulising disease (one form of Crohn's) where there are infections and fistulas forming in the rectoanal area...looks like series of tree branches.

It's a very complicated process....and for you to have an abscess, you must make sure of the origin....either external (maybe an infection caused from an ingrown hair?) or if its internal (infection within a gland).

Do the research so that you can ask questions for appropriate testing to find out what's going on. Did the scan determine as to where it was coming from?

I hope this is a one-time thing for you. It's good you've dealt with it...just make sure you're armed with information so that you don't wait if any other problems arise.

What meds are you on?

q

Last edited by quincy; 04-01-2012 at 12:01 PM.

Old 04-01-2012, 01:29 PM   #8
(male)

owieher HB User

Quote:
It's good you got it drained...I can only imagine the discomfort and pain of the process.

A fistula is basically a permanent "tunnel" in which an infected area/gland that's inside the body creates to have the infection escape to another eoithelial surface, either to outside the body or to another organ where it can be emptied.

If what you have is continually having drainage or has to be lanced, it's possible that the infection is inside the body and not cleared up. Therefore, it's creating a permanent tunnel. If that tunnel becomes blocked, it might form another fistula from the internal infection to another area to have the drainage happen...

Some people have a fistulising disease (one form of Crohn's) where there are infections and fistulas forming in the rectoanal area...looks like series of tree branches.

It's a very complicated process....and for you to have an abscess, you must make sure of the origin....either external (maybe an infection caused from an ingrown hair?) or if its internal (infection within a gland).

Do the research so that you can ask questions for appropriate testing to find out what's going on. Did the scan determine as to where it was coming from?

I hope this is a one-time thing for you. It's good you've dealt with it...just make sure you're armed with information so that you don't wait if any other problems arise.

What meds are you on?

q
Thanks. I'm going back in a week to have it checked out. They said it was a one time thing, and that the scans and blood work didn't indicate anything had spread. I guess, it was an 'isolated' thing. I hope so too, but only time will tell.

This is a first for me, which makes me wonder about possible causes. 2 weeks ago, I was out of state, and don't know if being out of state caused me to pick up something.

I have stool softener, pain killers, and anti-biotics. Honestly speaking, the pain now is very bearable as compared to what I felt earlier. I am instructed to keep the area clean.

What a big difference. Now, urinating and picking up things from the ground feels A LOT better. I am still a bit shocked at the whole process, as it was nerve wrecking. I did learn my lesson though, never wait so LONG!

Thanks for your help.

Old 04-01-2012, 02:37 PM   #9
(male)

owieher HB User
Re: A pimple near anus is painful during bowel and contraction.

anybody w/ post treatment tips.

Old 04-01-2012, 10:40 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

Good to hear you have much relief. Good news that the scans are positive in what they revealed.

Did you not have any instruction for packing, etc?

I would think to keep the area clean and maybe after any bms to clean the area properly...if you have a hand shower I guess that would be helpful.
Change underwear often and maybe wear a panty liner to absorb any leaking.

Maybe lying down rather than sitting?

Do a search on this board for abscess aftercare.

Let me know how you're doing for sure.

q

Old 04-01-2012, 11:55 PM   #11
(male)

owieher HB User

I'm a guy, and I am using a "pad". :P

I think I'm healing a lot better. I am not even taking pain killers, but have cleaned the area 2-3x a day, more after I use number 2.

It was really gross, for me to pull the cotton out of the opening. LOL

Old 04-02-2012, 10:01 AM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

That's what I've heard from others I know who have had abscesses and fistulas.

Wearing a pad is best and changing it often and keeping the area clean is about all you can do. If anything even seems remotely wonky, go back asap.

What antibiotics are you taking?

Good to hear you're not in much discomfort.
q

Old 04-02-2012, 10:52 PM   #13
(male)

owieher HB User

Quote:
That's what I've heard from others I know who have had abscesses and fistulas.

Wearing a pad is best and changing it often and keeping the area clean is about all you can do. If anything even seems remotely wonky, go back asap.

What antibiotics are you taking?

Good to hear you're not in much discomfort.
q
ciprofloxaxin.

Thanks! I'll update in a bit after my check up. I just hope people that search and find this thread, find strength in going to the ER if they need to.

I still cringe at the thought of the draining process though. Painkillers, topical anesthetic didn't help!

Old 04-03-2012, 12:12 PM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hi..I would suggest you take a probiotic now that you're on antibiotics. I use Ultimate Flora Critical Care...one at night before bedtime on a fairly empty stomach.

Yeah, I think your advice is primo...don't wait!

Heal well!
q

The following user gives a hug of support to quincy:
owieher (04-05-2012)
The Following User Says Thank You to quincy For This Useful Post:
owieher (04-05-2012)
Old 04-10-2012, 12:31 PM   #15
(male)

owieher HB User

I just came back from the check up. They told me about the possibility of a fistula. I'm still unsure what a fistula is, and have googled, but still can't seem to understand. The concern for me now is to make sure the wound closes up. I guess, I'm just still frantic from all of this. I no longer see drainage or blood, and the wound has healed up a lot. There's about 2CM left to close. They said, if by 1 month, it looks suspicious there, then I'll need to have surgery, "AGAIN"!.. UGGH.

I was just hoping for some posts and threads about similar conditions.

Thanks.

Closed Thread