It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-01-2012, 04:36 PM   #1
(male)

darkasent5 HB User
Unhappy I'm Going Insane.

I was diagnosed with Re-activated Mononucleosis about a month ago. Before I was diagnosed, I had nausea that was on and off for a couple months prior to this but didn't think anything of it. However, as time went on this nausea increasingly got worse. Sometimes I will get extreme bouts of nausea, but never any vomiting. This nausea will be here throughout the day and will have bad "attacks" at times. This typically gets worse after 4 P.M. There will be days where I feel okay and days where I struggle to make it through. I haven't been to school in almost two weeks and find it hard to concentrate on anything besides computer games, and if I don't have myself distracted by those, I feel awful. With these attacks comes occasional hot flashes, tingling of my fingers, shaking of my hands, and almost what seems like a panic attack. I have had two blood tests done checking my organs but nothing was revealed other that my liver enzymes barely being up. I was tested for a couple other things such as gastritis I think but nothing was revealed there either. My spleen was enlarged and I had an ultrasound done a couple days ago to see if my organs were normal size or not and will have those results tomorrow. I'm getting increasingly nervous that there is something else more serious going on other than Mono. I have lost 10 pounds because of all this stress and nausea and everything else that's going on. My stress level is so high. I'm a standout in track and obviously I can't do that. I can't go to school. I can't do anything and I feel so helpess. I'm so scared. I'm only a 16 year old teenager and I'm starting to cry all the time because I'm so afraid that something else is wrong but I don't know what. Someone please help me I'm going insane. I see my doctor tomorrow, what do you suggest I ask him/what I should suggest I could get done like a CAT scan (I'm afraid of the radiation, however). Is this stress related, is it another illness, is it a bacterial infection, an ulcer, a combination of those, or something else? Please help me...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread