It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-05-2012, 07:15 PM   #1
(female)

paininmyhiney HB User
Cool I pooped today! (after sphincterotomy and hemorrhoidotomy)

I pooped today, and it wasn't very painful at all! I had the surgeries Monday, and started taking Benefiber Tuesday. Tuesday night, I had 3 small bm's, and it was the most excrutiating pain I have ever felt in my life!

I took the Benefiber yesterday, but only had gas. Took aother dose today, and I made a poopie! I've been using the sitz bath each time I go, just in case I have to poop. It helped SO much! I thought I was actually passing gas (there were a lot of bubbles, lol), but low and behold, there it was, a poop!

I can imagine how grossed out many fo you are, but i have been terrified to go, and have dreaded having another bm, so for this one to be so not unpleasant, i had to share! (And it's a lot easier to get so excited and share with people you'll never have to face than it is to anounce it on FB, lol).

So that's it, if you're still working on having a bm, use something like Benefiber, lots to drink, and add regular fiber to your diet. ALSO, even though it sounds disgusting, sit in the sitz bath, even to poop. (Obviously, you will need to sanitize the sitz afterwards.) The warm water relaxes your anus and makes the bm's a little easier.

Old 04-06-2012, 06:27 PM   #2
(female)

sweetgramma HB User
Re: I pooped today! (after sphincterotomy and hemorrhoidotomy)

That is good news did you have laser surgery?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-07-2012, 10:34 AM   #3
(female)

paininmyhiney HB User

Thanks, and no, the doc just cut them off. Also, that has been the ONLY good bm exerience. Ev ertytiem since has been 100% torture. I am 4 days post-op, and terrified to go to the bathroom.

Old 04-07-2012, 03:32 PM   #4
(female)

sweetgramma HB User

Oooo.. so sorry for your pain. My son had laser surgery 3 days ago very little pain and he went to the bathroom today and was uncomfortable but not painful. His dr. had him take a teaspoon of mineral oil each evening and a senacot pill each morning and Josh feels that truly helped..If you ever have to go through surgery think LASER Get Better

Closed Thread