It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-10-2012, 06:53 PM   #1
(male)

mesapat61 HB User
Question 6 weeks and still passing gas from penis

I had 10" sigmoid removed laproscopically on 2/29/2012. The fistula that they found had advanced enough to actually pass feces from the bladder. NOt fun, not easy. I was on high protien, low fiber diet until last week and then was allowed to add 1 "fiber" vegetable a day. Well, after 3 days I started passing gas through the penis again! Doctor put me back to hi protein, low residue and going thru an antiboitic for a week as a just in case. Has anyone else dealt with this or have any idea how long this could last. The doctor only says sometimes these things take longer to resolve than others.

Old 04-17-2012, 12:35 PM   #2
(male)

NickFLA HB User
Re: 6 weeks and still passing gas from penis

Mesapat-

I have had this very same problem for over two weeks now, and I have no idea what to do about it. I have no insurance, am near broke, and every time I google "pass gass through penis" or something similar, 99% of responses to people's questions are jokes.

What in God's name is this? I think I have Crohn's - been having symptoms for a year - and think this is related to that, poss. fistula. I can't waste hundreds of $'s on a dr. visit just to tell me I'm an idiot like I did last year with that gastroenterologist, though. What can I do? Have any advice?

My problem is getting worse (and louder). My urine is very cloudy, and I am even releasing small "chunks" in my stream. Do you have these same symptoms? What does your doctor say? Can it heal on its own? How long?

Any advice (from ANYONE) would be appreciated. The people at the crohn's forum were no help whatsoever.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-17-2012, 01:50 PM   #3
(male)

mesapat61 HB User
Thumbs up Re: 6 weeks and still passing gas from penis

My surgeon is sending me for a CT scan to get to the bottom of this. Then he and will will discuss what options are available.

Closed Thread