It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-11-2012, 02:02 AM   #1
(female)

saraann42 HB User
Really freaking out here

Ok, so i may have posted in the wrong place, but im not sure where i would post something like this. I went for a bowel movement about 30 minutes ago and i noticed that the poo was darker than normal, it was a light black colour, not totally black but darkened. Im worried as i know this is a sign of bleeding, but i dont have any other symptoms at all relating to my stomach. I have eaten some oreo's the past few days, something i dont normally eat and drank strong coffee. Do you think the oreo's could have caused it? Im getting really worried.

Old 04-11-2012, 06:13 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

flipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB User
Re: Really freaking out here

Quote:
Originally Posted by saraann42 View Post
Ok, so i may have posted in the wrong place, but im not sure where i would post something like this. I went for a bowel movement about 30 minutes ago and i noticed that the poo was darker than normal, it was a light black colour, not totally black but darkened. Im worried as i know this is a sign of bleeding, but i dont have any other symptoms at all relating to my stomach. I have eaten some oreo's the past few days, something i dont normally eat and drank strong coffee. Do you think the oreo's could have caused it? Im getting really worried.
If you're taking iron supplements that can cause black stools as well as the oreo's and the coffee or even eating licorice. Our bowel movement colors can vary in how dark brown they are depending upon what you ate,how long the stool has been sitting in the colon if you're constipated. Maybe keep a diary of what you have eaten for the next two weeks and look at the the color, the consistency, how long between bowel movements and whether the stool looks,dry,and lumpy because that is a sign you're not moving your bowels often enough or you don't drink enough water and eat enough fiber. I if you don't have any other signs of blood or any other symptoms I wouldn't worry about it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-12-2012, 02:57 AM   #3
(female)

saraann42 HB User
Re: Really freaking out here

Thank you for your reply flipfleury.
I have had a bowel movement today, some of it was blackish and the rest was ' normal' colour ( sorry for tmi) Im hoping it was just because i have had a lot of protein in the last few days and maybe the oreo's contributed to it. Thanks again

Closed Thread