It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-11-2012, 02:07 PM   #1
(male)

OldSoul2 HB User
Hemorrhoid returns after Hemorrhoidectomy

Hi All,

I had a Hemorrhoidectomy in June of 2006 and have been completely fine until a week ago after a bowel movement. I noticed a small external Hemorrhoid about the size of a pea. It has consistently gotten larger over the last week and is now larger than a kidney bean or small grape. It did not bother me at first, but now is painful. It does not bleed or hurt during bowel movements. It hurts during cleaning after a bowel movement and even coughing!

I am very scared that I may need to have another Hemorrhoidectomy to get rid of this thing. It was a horrible and painful experience! I have been out of work for a few months and do not have health insurance at the moment. The only treatment I have used so far is A&D ointment on two occasions which helped make it more comfortable.

I am a 39yr old male. I am active, eat rather healthy with a high fiber diet, drink lots of water and my bowel movements are usually pretty soft. I go regularly at least 2-3 times daily. I really don't know what brought this on. I am sitting down a lot more for work at my computer. Looking back, I can also remember being on the toilet for long times reading which I know I should not do.

I read Aloe Vera is a natural anti-inflammatory and can help shrink inflamed tissue. Any suggestions? Could this perhaps just be a bad flare up and go away?

Old 04-11-2012, 09:55 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

sickofpain2 HB Usersickofpain2 HB User
Re: Hemorrhoid returns after Hemorrhoidectomy

You able to do a sitz bath to clean up? I would even consider using a small plastic bottle with warm water to squirt the area for clean up and blot carefully to dry. At least either method is less irritating and will help keep area clean.

Avoid friction or tight clothes. sit on a soft donut and or a gel filled ice pack.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-26-2012, 06:41 PM   #3
(male)

OldSoul2 HB User
Re: Hemorrhoid returns after Hemorrhoidectomy

I just wanted to post a follow up to say that the new hemorrhoid has gone down. It is almost completely back to normal. I have just stayed to a strict healthy diet and made sure not to strain during bowel movements and also stopped reading on the toilet :-)

It seemed to go away pretty quickly after doing the above. It is amazing how quickly the human body adjusts.

Closed Thread