It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-12-2012, 05:37 PM   #1
(male)

apteka HB User
Strangest bowel problem

Hello, I have the strangest never heard of bowel problem. Been researching for years and can't find anything on the subject. Doctors can't figure out what's wrong, or probably just don't care enough to dig deeper.

Basically my chin gets really red and bumpy after I have an incomplete evacuation, which feels like is a life long occurance or at least since my teen years. The area of the chin that gets red and bumpy is actually like two wide lines going down from each corner of the mouth, almost like something toxic is drulling from the sides of my mouth. Left side always being more red than right. It is so uncomforable because literally it gets so red people can't even look me in the face.

The reason I think it's bowel movement related is because if I have a really incomplete bowel movement, and I mean like a tiny one and it feels like the rest is just stuck in there, almost immediately I feel my chin burn up and it will get super red and stay that way for hours getting less red by end of the day. My chin has been constantly red for at least 5 years now, and I'm now 30 but it gets a lot more red after a BM. It gets less red when I have a better bowel movement but I almost always feel like there's always more that could come out. I'm also always gassy, my anal muscles alaways feel tight and for some reason a lot of time I find myself clenching my butt hole.

Doctors gave me markers to swallow to see if I pass them in a week and they all came out so generally speaking I pass stool just fine most of the time but I don't feel like it. I've tried eliminating alcohol for a few weeks but I do drink a glass of white wine every single day to relax me and just take the edge of things at the end of the day and I doubt it's alcohol related. I've been tested for gluten allergies and it came back negative as well. I've tried eating somewhat on the healthy side and my chin is still red every single day. When I do have a really incomplete bowel movement, which usually happens in the morning, by the end of the day I will feel extremely tired with my eyes almost like watery. I've also tried a custom formula cream which kind of works but after a bowel movement it's back to being red. I usually feel bloated after I eat and immediately after food most of the time I feel like the bowel begins to push more but I don't have the urge to go to the bathroom and the chin begins to burn and gets more red. It can't be eczema, I refuse to belive that because I'm certain its something bowel/digestion related. I've actually tried not eating for a few days, only water and a snack here and there and it seems to get better so it's something digestive/bowel related. I've never had a colonoscopy but not sure if that would show anything. Anyone out there have any clue what is going on? What could be causing this? Any thoughts or advice would be greately appreciated.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-12-2012, 08:10 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

flipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB User
Re: Strangest bowel problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by apteka View Post
Hello, I have the strangest never heard of bowel problem. Been researching for years and can't find anything on the subject. Doctors can't figure out what's wrong, or probably just don't care enough to dig deeper.

Basically my chin gets really red and bumpy after I have an incomplete evacuation, which feels like is a life long occurance or at least since my teen years. The area of the chin that gets red and bumpy is actually like two wide lines going down from each corner of the mouth, almost like something toxic is drulling from the sides of my mouth. Left side always being more red than right. It is so uncomforable because literally it gets so red people can't even look me in the face.

The reason I think it's bowel movement related is because if I have a really incomplete bowel movement, and I mean like a tiny one and it feels like the rest is just stuck in there, almost immediately I feel my chin burn up and it will get super red and stay that way for hours getting less red by end of the day. My chin has been constantly red for at least 5 years now, and I'm now 30 but it gets a lot more red after a BM. It gets less red when I have a better bowel movement but I almost always feel like there's always more that could come out. I'm also always gassy, my anal muscles alaways feel tight and for some reason a lot of time I find myself clenching my butt hole.

Doctors gave me markers to swallow to see if I pass them in a week and they all came out so generally speaking I pass stool just fine most of the time but I don't feel like it. I've tried eliminating alcohol for a few weeks but I do drink a glass of white wine every single day to relax me and just take the edge of things at the end of the day and I doubt it's alcohol related. I've been tested for gluten allergies and it came back negative as well. I've tried eating somewhat on the healthy side and my chin is still red every single day. When I do have a really incomplete bowel movement, which usually happens in the morning, by the end of the day I will feel extremely tired with my eyes almost like watery. I've also tried a custom formula cream which kind of works but after a bowel movement it's back to being red. I usually feel bloated after I eat and immediately after food most of the time I feel like the bowel begins to push more but I don't have the urge to go to the bathroom and the chin begins to burn and gets more red. It can't be eczema, I refuse to belive that because I'm certain its something bowel/digestion related. I've actually tried not eating for a few days, only water and a snack here and there and it seems to get better so it's something digestive/bowel related. I've never had a colonoscopy but not sure if that would show anything. Anyone out there have any clue what is going on? What could be causing this? Any thoughts or advice would be greately appreciated.

Old 04-12-2012, 08:47 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

flipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB User

Quote:

Have you ever kept a food and bowel movement diary for two weeks to see if there is any correlation with the food you eat and how your bowel movements react after eating certain foods ? It could be a food allergy and the diary may help you determine what foods are causing your problems.
I have IBS,chronic constipation problems all my life along with a lot of food allergies. I really have to watch what I eat to treat all three issues. IBS sometimes causes me to feel like I have to go more even though I have just gone. One of things that help me not to have this feeling like I have to go more is to have a set time schedule for sitting on the toilet to have a bowel movement. I allow 30 minutes for this each day. I put on headphones and listen to relaxing music and then do slow deep breathing exercises to help relax all my muscles including the anal and rectal sphincter muscles continuously until I have a bowel movement. Also,taking a fiber supplement like Metamucil and Citrucell twice a day adds bulk to your stools and keeps them soft and formed which helps all the stool to come out at once . Make sure you drink extra water it doesn't cause you to become constipated. When I get enough fiber and water in me everyday then when I do move my bowels they're formed but soft and it all comes out at once and I don't feel like something is still stuck inside of me. I found Citrucell doesn't cause me to have any excess gas. Even after I have moved my bowel I sit there an extra five minutes just to make sure my bowels are really finished emptying before I clean up and get up off the toilet. I have found that in order for me to feel relaxed enough to move my bowels I need the peace and quiet of the very early morning before anyone is up so I don't feel rushed because someone is waiting to use the bathroom. If I am passing a lot of gas or I get trapped gas is because I need to take the time to have a bowel movement and that relieves all the gas I have. For me,it usually because I am constipated.

Old 04-12-2012, 08:52 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:

Have you ever kept a food and bowel movement diary for two weeks to see if there is any correlation with the food you eat and how your bowel movements react after eating certain foods ? It could be a food allergy and the diary may help you determine what foods are causing your problems.
I have IBS,chronic constipation problems all my life along with a lot of food allergies. I really have to watch what I eat to treat all three issues. IBS sometimes causes me to feel like I have to go more even though I have just gone. One of things that help me not to have this feeling like I have to go more is to have a set time schedule for sitting on the toilet to have a bowel movement. I allow 30 minutes for this each day. I put on headphones and listen to relaxing music and then do slow deep breathing exercises to help relax all my muscles including the anal and rectal sphincter muscles continuously until I have a bowel movement. Also,taking a fiber supplement like Metamucil and Citrucell twice a day adds bulk to your stools and keeps them soft and formed which helps all the stool to come out at once . Make sure you drink extra water it doesn't cause you to become constipated. When I get enough fiber and water in me everyday then when I do move my bowels they're formed but soft and it all comes out at once and I don't feel like something is still stuck inside of me. I found Citrucell doesn't cause me to have any excess gas. Even after I have moved my bowel I sit there an extra five minutes just to make sure my bowels are really finished emptying before I clean up and get up off the toilet. I have found that in order for me to feel relaxed enough to move my bowels I need the peace and quiet of the very early morning before anyone is up so I don't feel rushed because someone is waiting to use the bathroom. If I am passing a lot of gas or I get trapped gas is because I need to take the time to have a bowel movement and that relieves all the gas I have. For me,it usually because I am constipated.

Closed Thread

Tags
bowel disorder, chin