It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-15-2012, 04:31 PM   #1
(female)

MalloreeB HB User
Thumbs down Bowel Problems any answers welcome

Hi. I had a c-section 2 years ago and ever since i have had constipation issues and when i do go #2 my stool is usually flat looking and when i strain this mass of what i can only assume is my insides come out about a golf ball size... its not painful but i am starting to worry bc it is not getting better and seems to be getting worse.

Old 04-15-2012, 10:03 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

flipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB User
Re: Bowel Problems any answers welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalloreeB View Post
Hi. I had a c-section 2 years ago and ever since i have had constipation issues and when i do go #2 my stool is usually flat looking and when i strain this mass of what i can only assume is my insides come out about a golf ball size... its not painful but i am starting to worry bc it is not getting better and seems to be getting worse.
I can empathize with you having this constipation problem as I have had constipation problems all my life and I am almost 51 years old.
I can tell you what I have learned about constipation over the last year. 1. It has a lot to do with the lack of fiber in our daily diet. 2. Inadequate intake of water on a daily basis. 3. Poor bowel habits- not taking the time to go when we get the urge to go and delaying going too long. Too many days without moving our bowels before we do something about it. Not having a daily set schedule for sitting on the toilet to have a bowel movement.
I now eat a high fiber diet daily,drink a lot of water, make time every morning before I even get into the shower to sit on the toilet for at least 30 minutes to have a bowel movement. When I stick to this daily schedule then I don't have any constipation problems. I know when I have eaten and drank well the day before because I end up having two bowel movements in one day about 16 hours apart with no pain and no straining. I hope this will help you like it has for me.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-19-2012, 09:02 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

Harry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB User

It sounds like you're not getting enough fiber in your diet--both isoluble and soluble-read post# 8 page 2 on the sticky thread at the top of this page " Information Archive"---Normal BMs

Harry

Last edited by Harry; 04-19-2012 at 09:06 PM.

Old 06-01-2012, 10:30 PM   #4
(female)

usedtobemodest HB User

Maloree, has your doc checked for a rectocele? I was just seen by a colo-rectal surgeon which described that same symptom. It's actually where the rectum prolapses with straining which sounds like what you just described.

Closed Thread