It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-18-2012, 06:55 AM   #1
(male)

MFOX1 HB User
bowel disorder

Afternoon.i seem to have an aching posterior hours after going to the toilet.i did have a bleeding rectum but that has cleared up now after taking macrogol powders. But on occasions i have had to sit on the toilet for fifteen minutes to clear my bowels.but other times i have had constipation.is there a dietery problem. I do have plenty of fruit and veg but the doctor does not seem to know the cause of my disorder. Could you help?
Yours mike fox.

Old 04-18-2012, 09:33 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

flipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB User
Re: bowel disorder

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFOX1 View Post
Afternoon.i seem to have an aching posterior hours after going to the toilet.i did have a bleeding rectum but that has cleared up now after taking macrogol powders. But on occasions i have had to sit on the toilet for fifteen minutes to clear my bowels.but other times i have had constipation.is there a dietery problem. I do have plenty of fruit and veg but the doctor does not seem to know the cause of my disorder. Could you help?
Yours mike fox.
Have you ever kept a food and bowel movement diary for 2 weeks to see if there is any correlation between what you eat and what your bowel movements are like the 12-24 hours afterwards ? Milk and dairy products can make your bowel movements like diarrhea,lots of gas,and abdominal cramping but they can also cause constipation too. Sometimes it's a lactose intolerance or an allergy to whey protein found in milk and dairy products.
Did the bleeding from your rectum get checked out by a doctor ? if you're very constipated and have to strain to pass hard stool that can cause you to bleed and also make your rectum and anus hurt for hours after you have had the bowel movement.
Have you ever heard of irritable bowel syndrome(IBS) ? Typical symptoms are: constipation,diarrhea,alternating between constipation and diarrhea,severe abdominal cramps(colon spasms),bloating,gas(passing lots of gas or trapped gas that you're unable to expel)incomplete evacuation(feeling as if you still have more bowel movement inside of your rectum even though you just had one) and sometimes rectal pain hours after a BM(sometimes caused by passing of large,hard,dry stools and straining and forcing the stools out.)
I have IBS that alternates between the constipation and bouts of explosive diarrhea. My IBS tends to be more on the constipation side because before I was diagnosed with the IBS in 1996, I was always chronically constipated since very early childhood and I am almost 51 years old now. I can tell you from past painful experiences with severe bouts of constipation that if I had to push hard down on my abdomen and force the hard stool out, my rectum and anus would hurt for hours afterwards and also would hurt if I was unable to pass the hard stool without a suppository or enema(constant pressure on the rectum,feels like you're sitting on a sharp rock.) I have had to learn the hard way to change my diet,not drinking enough water,and very poor bowel habits. I now eat a high fiber diet,drink lots of water, sit on the toilet everyday at the same time for 30 minutes to have a bowel movement. following this routine daily keeps me from getting constipated and have a lot less IBS symptoms overall.

The Following User Says Thank You to flipfleury For This Useful Post:
MFOX1 (04-19-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread