It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-18-2012, 10:23 AM   #1
(male)

endlesspass HB User
Exclamation Sudden Change in stool consistency

Hi, i'm 17 years old and have nobody to talk to this about other than my mother who just blames me as if i'm suddenly not pooping right and if i just think really hard about what i'm doing wrong i can correct it, but i can't.

My whole life i've had normal bowel movements, never thought twice about the topic of pooping. It's a pretty basic process, you feel like you have to ****, you go to the toilet, push a bit, wipe maybe once or twice, and get on with your day without thinking of it again.

But a few months ago in about October 2011, my stools suddenly became extremely soft. Like I'll sit on the toilet and i'll push as if I would for a normal BM and it all just sort of flows out really fast and I don't really feel my butt "seal up" as it should after a nice solid bowel movement. When I wipe there is either alot of diarrhea-esque fecal matter on the toilet paper which is quickly wiped away and i'm left with seemingly limitless amounts of fecal matter in my anus. No matter how many times I wipe there is always a little tiny streak of fecal matter on the paper. This causes me go through 3/4 of a roll before I give up and try to get on with my day normally without feeling like a dirtbag. I've tried taking Citrucel and it helped for a week or two, but now the soft stools are back and the fiber has no effect on them.

I haven't changed my diet signifigantly I eat the basic diet of any other 17 year old I don't know what's causing it. There's no pain when I have to go, no blood in the stool or anything like that. My mom is gonna take me to the doctor soon I want to have some idea of what it could be, i'm so scared of living with this my whole life. I'm 17 years old I shouldn't have to be scared of taking a **** it really shouldn't be a bad experience at all.

Someone please help

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-18-2012, 07:24 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

flipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB User
Re: Sudden Change in stool consistency

Quote:
Originally Posted by endlesspass View Post
Hi, i'm 17 years old and have nobody to talk to this about other than my mother who just blames me as if i'm suddenly not pooping right and if i just think really hard about what i'm doing wrong i can correct it, but i can't.

My whole life i've had normal bowel movements, never thought twice about the topic of pooping. It's a pretty basic process, you feel like you have to ****, you go to the toilet, push a bit, wipe maybe once or twice, and get on with your day without thinking of it again.

But a few months ago in about October 2011, my stools suddenly became extremely soft. Like I'll sit on the toilet and i'll push as if I would for a normal BM and it all just sort of flows out really fast and I don't really feel my butt "seal up" as it should after a nice solid bowel movement. When I wipe there is either alot of diarrhea-esque fecal matter on the toilet paper which is quickly wiped away and i'm left with seemingly limitless amounts of fecal matter in my anus. No matter how many times I wipe there is always a little tiny streak of fecal matter on the paper. This causes me go through 3/4 of a roll before I give up and try to get on with my day normally without feeling like a dirtbag. I've tried taking Citrucel and it helped for a week or two, but now the soft stools are back and the fiber has no effect on them.

I haven't changed my diet signifigantly I eat the basic diet of any other 17 year old I don't know what's causing it. There's no pain when I have to go, no blood in the stool or anything like that. My mom is gonna take me to the doctor soon I want to have some idea of what it could be, i'm so scared of living with this my whole life. I'm 17 years old I shouldn't have to be scared of taking a **** it really shouldn't be a bad experience at all.

Someone please help
Maybe eating a banana twice a day would help your stools to solidify some,and some white rice. When people have the stomach flu with vomiting and diarrhea they suggest going on a BRAT diet B=Bananas R=Rice A=Applesauce T=Toast for several days to help with the diarrhea. Don't put anything on the rice(white) or on your toast(white bread) and even chocolate can help solidify your stools because people with constipation problems are told to stay away from chocolate as it usually makes the constipation worse. Try this and see if it helps.
Get a referral from your primary care doctor for a gastroenterologist and get at least a lower G.I. series done to see what is causing the problem.
Maybe keeping a dietary log for two weeks to see if some of the foods you're eating are causing the problems with your stools being too soft.

Old 04-26-2012, 12:03 PM   #3
(male)

endlesspass HB User

Ever since this problem has occured, I've been feeling gassy during school and throughought the day. Leading me to believe it might have something to do with what i'm eating for breakfast. So I didn't eat cereal and I went through the day just fine. When I got home from school I ate a bowl of cereal and in about 15 minutes i had mild cramping and the extreme urgency to have a bowel movement.

I'm thinking I might have lactose intolerance and the loose, messy malformed stools are a result of my body not digesting the milk properly, and it messing with my stools. I"m going to not drink milk or eat any dairy products for a few days and see if my stools return to normal. I will post back with results as few other people on the internet describe the condition, but can't find an answer.

Old 06-10-2012, 03:05 PM   #4
(male)

Shane1995 HB User

Hey I'm 17 and in the exact same position !!! Found this thread on the Internet and am freaking out because I can't find answers please say if it worked ! Are you lactose in tolerant or is it still going on ! Thanks

Closed Thread