It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-21-2012, 08:37 AM   #1
(female)

vix8 HB User
Sharp rectum pain, worse after sex

I have these really bad sharp rectal pains at least once a month. This has been going on for probably 9 months, and at first the pain came like once a week. The first time it ever happened was when I had drunk sex with my boyfriend, and the position was reverse cowgirl (something we never do) because it is rather painful, but because I was drunk, I didn't feel the pain at the time. That night I woke up in tears to this intense sharp pain jabbing like a knife into my rectum or tailbone, I'm not sure which it is, but it's like right under my tailbone.

As I'm typing.. I'm having a spasm right now and it will not go away! It has been present all night, ever since me and my boyfriend had sex last night. Usually the pain passes with gas or bowel movement relief, but this time it has not relieved the pain. This is the longest spasm I've ever had, and I don't know what to do, it's been going on for hours.

I'm confused. Most times we have sex I'm fine, but I feel like (sorry to be vulgar) when I'm really wet it doesn't hurt after, but if I'm kind of dry then it hurts after, and last night I was pretty dry. And I have never had anal sex to be clear on that. But this also occurs randomly in the middle of the night, or even just in the middle of the day for no apparent reason.

I've been to the doctor for just about everything recently and I'm getting tired of all these invasive procedures (recently diagnosed with HPV). I feel depressed about all of this, and this is rather embarrassing to go to the doctor, especially since I've just been diagnosed with HPV... does anyone have any ideas what this could be? Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-21-2012, 10:19 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

flipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB User
Re: Sharp rectum pain, worse after sex

Quote:
Originally Posted by vix8 View Post
I have these really bad sharp rectal pains at least once a month. This has been going on for probably 9 months, and at first the pain came like once a week. The first time it ever happened was when I had drunk sex with my boyfriend, and the position was reverse cowgirl (something we never do) because it is rather painful, but because I was drunk, I didn't feel the pain at the time. That night I woke up in tears to this intense sharp pain jabbing like a knife into my rectum or tailbone, I'm not sure which it is, but it's like right under my tailbone.

As I'm typing.. I'm having a spasm right now and it will not go away! It has been present all night, ever since me and my boyfriend had sex last night. Usually the pain passes with gas or bowel movement relief, but this time it has not relieved the pain. This is the longest spasm I've ever had, and I don't know what to do, it's been going on for hours.

I'm confused. Most times we have sex I'm fine, but I feel like (sorry to be vulgar) when I'm really wet it doesn't hurt after, but if I'm kind of dry then it hurts after, and last night I was pretty dry. And I have never had anal sex to be clear on that. But this also occurs randomly in the middle of the night, or even just in the middle of the day for no apparent reason.

I've been to the doctor for just about everything recently and I'm getting tired of all these invasive procedures (recently diagnosed with HPV). I feel depressed about all of this, and this is rather embarrassing to go to the doctor, especially since I've just been diagnosed with HPV... does anyone have any ideas what this could be? Thanks.
I had this pain last March 2011 for a couple of weeks and it comes back every so often. I had gone through rectal, pelvic and pap smear, and ultra sound but everything came back normal and no one could come up with a reason for it. I have IBS and chronic constipation but was not having IBS or constipation problems at the time. It feels like a knife jabbing in me just below the tailbone and it hurts to sit and it makes it feel like I have to move my bowels but I don't and can't. It's very painful so I understand what you're going through !

Old 04-22-2012, 09:51 AM   #3
(female)

vix8 HB User

Yeah it sucks so much! The pain is still present right now, it won't go away :S Embarrassing.. but i feel like passing gas and making bowel movements which are painful to do, relieves the pain once you suck it up and just do it.

Old 04-26-2012, 12:10 AM   #4
Inactive
(female)

katlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB User

Gas pain can feel like that in that spot. The pressure builds up and it is very painful and causes the bloating. Most people don't attribute it to gas because it's not the usual mild gassy feeling. An OTC gas relief med will help, like Phazyme or something of that nature. You can also take a very hot bath with baking soda, this will relax your anal sphincter muscle and allow the gas to pass naturally, then you can probably have a bowel movement which will help.

Normally if your having this kind of gas pain, it's because your backed up or constipated. If your not having regular daily bowel movements it's probably time to tweak your diet, add a probiotic and/or stool softener.

Take care,

Kat

Old 07-10-2012, 09:29 PM   #5
(male)

bricemg HB User

I had this problem for years. It really stunk. I finally went to a pelvic physical therapist who specializes in men. She did all kinds of work on my pelvic floor and my back, and it got a lot better. She was in Indianapolis and is the only one there that specializes in rectal pain. You can message me if you are willing to go that far for treatmen.

Old 07-11-2012, 03:33 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

rufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB User

Do a Google search on Proctalgia fugax. I saw this on Dr. Oz a long time ago but here is a brief description below... As I recall, Dr. Oz suggested sitting on a tennis ball on a hard surface, unfortunately, there is no medical cure and this goes often undiagnosed. Hope this helps and I hope you are better now, supposedly the episodes are fairly brief although excruciating...

Proctalgia fugax is a severe, cramp-like pain, deep in the anal canal. It usually lasts for a few seconds or minutes, but can sometimes last for up to half an hour. Between attacks there is no pain at all. Most sufferers have only 5 or 6 attacks a year. You may feel a need to defecate urgently, but nothing happens. It may even make you feel dizzy, or give you a headache. It occurs in both men and women.

Closed Thread

Tags
bowel disorder, rectal pain, sharp pains, tailbone pain