It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-22-2012, 12:56 AM   #1
(female)

marshajm HB User
My husband needs help with foul smelling flatulance &...

Approximately 4 or 5 months ago my husband began to have horribly foul smelling flatulance and bloating. Then he started noticing red blood on the toielt tissue after bowel movements. The bloating got worse and then quite a bit of pain prior to BMs. His doctor's nurse said because of the bleeding and the fact that he was on coumadin he should go to the urgent care facility connected with his doctor's group, which he did. They did quite a bit of tests including labs and a CAT scan. All negative. The urgent care doctor sent him home with a cup to collect a stool sample for testing for bacteria, etc. Surprisingly all was negative. Now he smells like poop, even immediately after a shower. He is supposed to see a Gastro doctor, but he is tired of the whole thing and refuses to go. Please help me diagnose his problem so he will get help.

Old 04-22-2012, 02:11 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

flipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB User
Re: My husband needs help with foul smelling flatulance &...

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshajm View Post
Approximately 4 or 5 months ago my husband began to have horribly foul smelling flatulance and bloating. Then he started noticing red blood on the toielt tissue after bowel movements. The bloating got worse and then quite a bit of pain prior to BMs. His doctor's nurse said because of the bleeding and the fact that he was on coumadin he should go to the urgent care facility connected with his doctor's group, which he did. They did quite a bit of tests including labs and a CAT scan. All negative. The urgent care doctor sent him home with a cup to collect a stool sample for testing for bacteria, etc. Surprisingly all was negative. Now he smells like poop, even immediately after a shower. He is supposed to see a Gastro doctor, but he is tired of the whole thing and refuses to go. Please help me diagnose his problem so he will get help.
Gas that smells that bad sometimes is caused by the fact we're eating too much red meat and not enough fresh fruits and vegetables,whole grains so the stool stays in the colon too long and produces more bacteria and toxins so our gas smells really bad. Does he ever try to move his bowels when he is that gassy because that would probably help relieve the gas and possibly the bloating problem. Having pain before BM's and blood is a lot of times because we're constipated and straining too hard to move our bowels and it causes a tiny tear in the lining of our rectum. Drink more water and increase your fresh fruits and vegetables and the amount of time the stool stays in the colon is a lot shorter and his gas and stools won't smell so bad and they will be softer and easier to pass.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-23-2012, 08:48 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

Harry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB User

A probiotic that is enteric coated may help ---I use Ultamate 10 from the Vitamine Shoppe.

Also. Greens Like alfalfa, barley grass juice,ect.---they contains chororaphyll that is a deoderant!!

I wish you well---Harry

BTW-- the post above is also good!

Last edited by Harry; 04-23-2012 at 08:55 PM. Reason: typos

Old 04-25-2012, 10:54 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

katlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB User

Unfortunately there's a whole other thread on this board of people with the same problem and nobody's been able to help them really.

If your husband is going to be petulant and pout like a child, perhaps you should leave him be. When people start telling him he smells like crap and stop wanting to be around him, he'll probably come to his senses and start acting like and adult again.

Closed Thread