It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-22-2012, 03:16 AM   #1
(male)

whoami247 HB User
Intense dull pain in lower abdomen/colon?

Hello all,

I have been having a bit of an issue lately that seems to be getting worse lately. When younger (pretty much all through my life) I have experienced a intense dull pain in my lower abdomen. In the past, this dull pain only showed up about once a year, but now seems to be happening more. It happens now on about a monthly basis and usually happens in the morning before I usually wake up (this wakes me from sleep). However, only on the rarest occasion have I experienced the pain in the evening or during the day while awake. The closest description to the pain is "it feels like there is a baseball bat in my rectum" although all of the pain is completely internal with no rectal pain whatsoever. The pain lasts for 20-30 minutes usually and is ALMOST intolerable. Also, I never have to have a movement during this. Furthermore, there is no correlation to the solidity of my movements when this happens.

I am a male, 30 years of age. I eat primarily a whole grain diet. I eat A LOT of whole grains and fiber. I do not eat fried food, rarely drink soda, cook pretty much EVERYTHING I eat from scratch and consume a relatively decent amount of seafood. I rarely and I mean RARELY eat bleached flowers or stripped grains at all. I am in pretty good health with two exceptions. I don't eat a lot of greens, and I quit smoking 6 months ago. I do however eat a lot of onions, garlic, and tomato/tomato products. I also have a family history of diverticulitis but I do not exhibit any of the symptoms of it.

Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this? Thank you!

Last edited by whoami247; 04-22-2012 at 03:19 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-22-2012, 01:57 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

flipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB User
Re: Intense dull pain in lower abdomen/colon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoami247 View Post
Hello all,

I have been having a bit of an issue lately that seems to be getting worse lately. When younger (pretty much all through my life) I have experienced a intense dull pain in my lower abdomen. In the past, this dull pain only showed up about once a year, but now seems to be happening more. It happens now on about a monthly basis and usually happens in the morning before I usually wake up (this wakes me from sleep). However, only on the rarest occasion have I experienced the pain in the evening or during the day while awake. The closest description to the pain is "it feels like there is a baseball bat in my rectum" although all of the pain is completely internal with no rectal pain whatsoever. The pain lasts for 20-30 minutes usually and is ALMOST intolerable. Also, I never have to have a movement during this. Furthermore, there is no correlation to the solidity of my movements when this happens.

I am a male, 30 years of age. I eat primarily a whole grain diet. I eat A LOT of whole grains and fiber. I do not eat fried food, rarely drink soda, cook pretty much EVERYTHING I eat from scratch and consume a relatively decent amount of seafood. I rarely and I mean RARELY eat bleached flowers or stripped grains at all. I am in pretty good health with two exceptions. I don't eat a lot of greens, and I quit smoking 6 months ago. I do however eat a lot of onions, garlic, and tomato/tomato products. I also have a family history of diverticulitis but I do not exhibit any of the symptoms of it.

Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this? Thank you!
Try not eating onions,garlic,and tomatoes for a week and see if this helps the pain go away. Maybe it's the combination of acidity and gassines of the food you're eating. Maybe it's trapped gas that you're not able to expel without having a bowel movement. I know for me if I am having a lot of trapped gas pains the only way to relieve it is try to have a bowel movement.

Closed Thread