It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-23-2012, 08:37 AM   #1
(female)

nesbitgirl HB User
External Thrombosed Hemmorhoid

I am a 58 year old female who has had internal hemmorhoid issues since I was 20. During my last colonoscopy {6 years ago}, the Doctor said they were prolapsed. Well, my internist told me if they weren't bleeding and if I could live with them just to take care to re-insert them and go on with my life. I pretty much have been doing that until about 10 days ago on Friday, April 13th. I ended up in the Emergency Room with a Thrombosed External Hemmorhoid. I had noticed recently that something was near the edge that kept kind of popping out...guessing now it was this new external hemmorhoid.

So, at the Emergency Room, the Doctor excised the walnut-sized hemmorhoid and I think he removed a clot. I left with pain meds {which of course helped} and drove myself home. I'm much better now...no pain, no bleeding. However, the hemmorhoid is the SAME size. What is that about? The Doctor at the Emergency Room said to follow up with Colo Rectal Doctor and I have an appointment this week. Why won't this thing shrink? What on earth is this Doctor going to do to me? I'm petrified. I feel fine and have been back to walking 3 miles a day for the last 4 days. HELP?!

Old 06-08-2012, 06:53 PM   #2
(female)

favored21 HB User
Re: External Thrombosed Hemmorhoid

On April 18 2012 I had hemm surgery. It was an external hemm which was very large. Dr. Stated that it became angry after many years being an issue. The surgery was outpatient and did not take long, but the pain for three weeks after with the bowel movement was the most traumatic experience ever. I would rather give birth again. Its been almost two months and I still have slight pain when making a bowel movement and I still bleed as well. I just want this to be over. I wouldn't wish this on anyone. My advice is to eat healthy and to avoid sugery at all cost.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-09-2012, 08:33 AM   #3
(female)

nesbitgirl HB User

@favored21
Wow! That scares me. I have been get IFC (I believe that's short for Infared Coagulation) treatments for 2 months on the internals and now the Colo-Rectal doctor says the small external with a clot will need to cut, clot removed, and stiched up in his office. Ouch! I'm guessing that's what you had? He said it's not something that needs to be right away, but will need to be done. I asked him to be honest about the pain and he said 4 out 10 will find it painful afterwards. I don't believe that! I believe YOU! Already stressing over this. Did you doctor tell you that you HAD to have it done?

Old 06-09-2012, 08:51 AM   #4
(female)

favored21 HB User

Doctor did not tell me how painful the recovery process would be. Matter of fact he didn't give me any medication for pain. I don't know what he was thinking. Luckily, I had pain medication from the ER I visited a few days earlier. The pain my depend on the size of the hemm. My hemm was the size of pistachio nut. All I can say is that it hurt like hell when I passed my bowels for three weeks and at this point I still have some pain when relieving my self with blood as well. If the pain was on the scale of of 1 to 10 the my pain was a 10. Sorry to add fear but I just have to be hon

Closed Thread