It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-26-2012, 02:01 PM   #1
(male)

tremolo HB User
pain in bowels, coupled with constant flatulence and gurgling

I have had this condition for a year now. It comes and goes, but in the last few weeks it has been constant.

The exact symptoms are:

- constant feeling of bloated bowels
- constant urge to pass wind, but inability to release it
- wind odour is really bad and very sulphurous
- abdominal pain left and right of the the belly button
- feeling of blocked bowels
- immediately after eating I always have the urge of burping

Also, I am not sure if it is related, but lately I have been feeling a bit light headed and clumsy (unstable) and have had occasional headaches.

Apart from that my appetite is healthy and I feel fine. I am able to sleep well (no pain), but as soon as I wake up, the pain returns.

My diet is very healthy - lots of raw vegetables and lean meat, although a bit carbs heavy (lots of pasta and bread). I have tried to cut our diary products and even wheat, but it's not really helping. I don't drink and don't smoke and do a lot of sports.

Any ideas / suggestions?
Thanks in advance

Last edited by tremolo; 04-26-2012 at 02:03 PM.

Old 04-27-2012, 11:35 AM   #2
(male)

tremolo HB User
Re: pain in bowels, coupled with constant flatulence and gurgling

Anyone? Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-27-2012, 10:09 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

flipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB User
Re: pain in bowels, coupled with constant flatulence and gurgling

Quote:
Originally Posted by tremolo View Post
I have had this condition for a year now. It comes and goes, but in the last few weeks it has been constant.

The exact symptoms are:

- constant feeling of bloated bowels
- constant urge to pass wind, but inability to release it
- wind odour is really bad and very sulphurous
- abdominal pain left and right of the the belly button
- feeling of blocked bowels
- immediately after eating I always have the urge of burping

Also, I am not sure if it is related, but lately I have been feeling a bit light headed and clumsy (unstable) and have had occasional headaches.

Apart from that my appetite is healthy and I feel fine. I am able to sleep well (no pain), but as soon as I wake up, the pain returns.

My diet is very healthy - lots of raw vegetables and lean meat, although a bit carbs heavy (lots of pasta and bread). I have tried to cut our diary products and even wheat, but it's not really helping. I don't drink and don't smoke and do a lot of sports.

Any ideas / suggestions?
Thanks in advance
It sounds like irritable bowel syndrome with constipation. How often do you move your bowels per week ? Feeling bloated, feeling like you have blocked bowels,the inability to pass gas and when you do it smells bad sounds like you're constipated.
I have IBS that alternates between constipation(most of the time) and bouts of explosive diarrhea. From my personal experience of years of always being constantly constipated,the longer time between bowel movements the more gas I have both passing really bad smelling gas and the inability to pass all the gas I have built inside me that can't be released and that makes me feeling really bloated . When this happens it's a really good indication that I need to have a bowel movement and take the time I need to sit on the toilet and go. It's the only way I can get rid of all the gas and bloated feeling. The longer we go without moving our bowels the more bacteria and toxins build up in the stool and smellier our passing gas and moving our bowels will be and more painful to go.
In order for me not to get constipated I have to move my bowels everyday. I have a set time schedule for sitting on the toilet for 30 minutes to have a bowel movement. This helps the gas and bloating problem.

Last edited by flipfleury; 04-27-2012 at 10:42 PM. Reason: accidently hit submit button before writing anything down.

Closed Thread