It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-26-2012, 09:41 PM   #1
(female)

sherbear72834 HB User
Red face Anal Fistula Surgery(flap) recovery HELP!

I have been dealing with this since 2006 (ugh). First I had an abscess that needed surgery and I thought that was it. Over the following 5 years abscess would form, bust, drain, and go away for awhile then it would be back. I was put on antibiotics so many times I can't count including daily antibiotic shots. Then last month it burst but not externally it burst out of my rectum area (I freaked out) finally I was referred to a Colon Rectal Surgeon. He scheduled me for a fistulectomy. However, this wasn't possible due to the fistula being to high. I came out of surgery with a draining seton in. This got infected and needed antibiotics again. Dr gave me a few options (flap, plug, cutting seton) we opted for the Advancement Flap Surgery. I had this done a week ago tomorrow. I have been in extreme pain since coming home. I have been in bed on my side unable to do anything. I am not sure how much more pain I can handle. Bowel movements are the worst. Pain meds don't help much. I just cry when I feel like I need to go because it hurts so bad for hours after. Going into this I didn't realize it would be this extreme and I really need someone who has went through this to give me some HOPE.

Old 05-05-2012, 10:51 AM   #2
(female)

whatabummer HB User
Re: Anal Fistula Surgery(flap) recovery HELP!

Hi there, sorry I can't help with the flap surgery problem but just wanted to let you know that I also had extreme pain after the plug surgery I had on 20th April, could also only lie on my side and had to have a hot water bottle on my bum constantly - turned out the whole thing got infected and the plug came out about 4-5 days after the surgery :-(. Do get checked out to make sure you don't have an infection, that could be making things worse. I totally understand what you are saying as I was in excruciating pain. Keep us posted, cheers

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-19-2012, 01:45 AM   #3
(female)

sherbear72834 HB User
Re: Anal Fistula Surgery(flap) recovery HELP!

I am happy to report things are getting better! I can actually sit and walk again. The only real time I hurt is during a bowel movement. This has been a long and extremely painful ordeal. This pain was worse than childbirth. I would not wish it on anyone. So far my flap has fixed the fistula.

Closed Thread

Tags
abscess, anal fissure, fistula, fistula repair