It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-28-2012, 06:23 PM   #1
(female)

CosMicCat HB User
Are Colonoscopies scary?

Are you fully asleep during this procedure? Has anyone ever had a bad experience with it? I have to have one for a series of problems I have had.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-29-2012, 10:57 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Agenda HB UserAgenda HB UserAgenda HB UserAgenda HB UserAgenda HB UserAgenda HB UserAgenda HB UserAgenda HB UserAgenda HB UserAgenda HB UserAgenda HB User
Re: Are Colonoscopies scary?

There is nothing to be worried about. I had one 2 weeks ago and I was terrified got myself into such a state I got up off the trolley and said I was going home. Thankfully they got me to stay. It was nothing, I had sedation I remember them injecting the sedation and the next thing I remember is waking in the ward about an hour later. I would have one again tomorrow.

Best of luck

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-29-2012, 12:22 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User

I have to be honest here!!...
I have had two. The first one I have no recolection of, I woke up thinking I'd had the best nights sleep.
The second I'd prefer to forget. I had an Endoscopy and Colonoscopy done together, would never have that again (probably my Bad luck). I was the last person to be done late afternoon (I guess the medical staff wanted home). The local sedation was wearing off after the Endoscopy was done first and during the Colonocopy I felt everything but was in a state of half way here and half way there if you know what I mean. (Unable to notify the team of my condition).
I'm sure this is unusual and if I have another it will be in the morning and not combined with the Endoscopy, one procedure at a time is quite enough to go through.
I would not be put off by another Colonoscopy, but would arrange things differently.
Good luck with your's and just ask for maximum sedation.

Solofelix.

Old 04-29-2012, 07:26 PM   #4
(male)

BigSpur HB User

I had one done a few years back and it was nothing. They gave me the medicine and it knocked me right out and I woke up a hour or so later and it was over with. Worst part is the prep for it

Old 05-02-2012, 09:27 AM   #5
(female)

Saharrin HB User

I just had one yesterday. Don't worry, they sedate you and you don't feel a thing. Good luck

Old 05-13-2012, 10:50 AM   #6
(male)

sesameseed HB Usersesameseed HB User

Indeed, the worst part is the prep. Cleansing the stomach is never fun =\

Closed Thread