It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-28-2012, 07:19 PM   #1
(female)

StellarSmile HB User
Unhappy My tummy hurts!

I will give you quick run down of the last month....

Week 1 - loose stools nothing really weird thought it was just a bug going around. Started taking pro-biotic once a day compared to my usual 3 x week to help "regulate" things.

Week 2 - straight water stools, went to the ER and stool cultures/blood work were all done. I was prescribed flagyl 250 x2 a day x7 days. When my results came back a few days later everything was normal except my WBC, neutrophils and reticulocytes were all high. Even the stool sample came back "normal"

Week 3 - Flagyl made a world of a difference, normal stools returned.

48 hours after being off of the meds I started having loose stools again except this time it was BRIGHT NEON GREEN! Each pass is like I am passing my entire gut it feels/looks like 3 or 4 times a day. The last three days have been misery again...nothing watery but loose, some green some less green and even has whole pieces of foods. My upper right side hurts and I have a gnawing pain. No fevers, chills or vomiting....just super tired and every morning I feel like I am hungover. I figure it is lack of nutrients and water loss. Plus side I have lost 5lbs this week (I joke I joke).

I have to wait another week to be able to see my doctor... anyone got any advice what eat/avoid in these times? Anyone have anything similar?

*already had appendectomy 1998*

Last edited by StellarSmile; 04-28-2012 at 07:22 PM.

Closed Thread