It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-02-2012, 03:50 PM   #1
(female)

saltire HB User
Scared :( Bleeding

I posted this message in Digestive Disorders and think i should have put it here.
Hi, I have had an irritation on and off for a few years, but no bleeding and the gyne doc said it was a small hemorrhoid. I now have a lot of bleeding, i often have very loose bowel movements and i have started bleeding to where there is loads in the toilet and it drips as i sit there. Sometimes i feel like i need to go have a bowel movement and all it is, is the blood, and what seems to be a lot of it. It is bright red. I get mild pains in my lower right side. I have also started to get really bad tailbone pain and sometimes agony when i have been sitting and stand up. I get low back pain and numbness in my leg around my knee area when i am standing, also groin pain in left leg area. I am concerned they are all to do with the bleeding. Does anyone know if this is possible? I am 44 years old. I am making a doctor appt tomorrow, i have finally go the courage as i am very embarrassed about it. I am thinking that it is internal hemorrhoids, but i have to say i am starting to get worried as more symptoms appear

The following user gives a hug of support to saltire:
sesameseed (05-13-2012)
Old 05-13-2012, 09:53 AM   #2
(male)

sesameseed HB Usersesameseed HB User
Re: Scared :( Bleeding

Hi there, I hope you are doing better now. I see your post has had so many views but no one decided to reply! Anyway, I am not sure if the pains are connected with the bleeding.. but the good news is that bright red generally means that the hemo is external. Which means, your insides are okay. But, the other pains is not normal and you should get this checked. If the hemo is external, you can buy creams to soothe them and let them go away as time passes.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-14-2012, 05:01 AM   #3
(female)

saltire HB User

Thankyou for replying sesameseed and for my hug I am actually going for a Colonoscopy tomorrow. My doctor referred me to a surgeon for it, so if there is anything he will take care of it while its getting done. They couldn't find a reason for this to be happening during the exam so I know its for the best to get this done. I am actually going tomorrow for it. I have actually had no bleeding the past week, so hoping its better. I also found out i have arthritis in my back and i am going for an MRI to see if there is compression on a nerve causing the numbness. Thankyou again . Saltire

Old 05-15-2012, 06:39 PM   #4
(female)

saltire HB User

Just to update. Had my Colonoscopy today. Doctor removed a small polyp and says i have some internal hemorrhoids. For my right side pain i get he is sending me for a Pelvic Ultrasound. I got for a follow up appt on the 22nd May. The nurse said i will probs have to get another scope in 3-5 years because of the polyp.

Old 05-15-2012, 08:25 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

rufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB User

Did your doctor say anything else about the numbness in your leg? Sorry to hear about your hemmorhoid problems, but I am glad you had the colonoscopy done. Your doctor probably already told you this, but do not strain on the toilet; try to do your business in 2-3 minutes and be done with it! Also, try to make sure you get 25-30 grams of fiber and at least 64 ounces of water daily. Citrucel or Metamucil can be helpful if getting that much fiber from your diet is difficult. Hope you feel better soon and let us know about your follow up appointment.

Old 05-15-2012, 08:37 PM   #6
(female)

saltire HB User

Thankyou for your reply Rufous57 - I am waiting on an MRI for the leg numbness they think it could be compression on a nerve. Physical Therapy also said it could be something to do with the right side pain. I have had horrible right side pains and last week during my period it was almost unbearable. I had it for about 4 days last week. Now its back to twinges on and off, so the surgeon today at the Colonoscopy said he thinks my ovaries need to be checked out. So thats why i am getting an ultrasound done. In the bathroom i have never really had any problems going. I had my gallbladder removed about 11 years ago and since then i have really loose stools. I am going to add Metamucil or something like that to my diet tho, to see if that will help, also more fiber. I already drink large amounts of water, much more than 64oz on most days I will def let you know about my followup appts. Thanks again Saltire

Old 05-16-2012, 05:13 PM   #7
Veteran
(female)

rufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB User

I hope you get some answers soon, please let me know how the ultrasound goes. Do they suspect endo? What a coincidence, I had my gallbladder removed over a year ago and I still occasionally get loose stools if I eat greasy foods and certain spicy things and some salads. I started taking a probiotic daily and eating organic Stonyfield yogurt, I think it's helped. You might also consider flaxseed for fiber, it has other things such as Omega 3 and lignans. I make myself a smoothie with yogurt, fruit and the flaxseed and it's not bad tasting.

Closed Thread