It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-05-2012, 08:13 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

Madison104 HB UserMadison104 HB UserMadison104 HB User
Colonoscopy preps, answers, questions

Hello, this next coming Thurs. I have to have an endoscopy and colonoscopy.
Previously I had that AWFUL phosphate drink which is now off the market (by Fleets) and one time before I did the Osmo Prep pills.
Now when I did that prep, with the pills, out of the 32 pills that I took, I only got down about 12-14 pills. I was PERFECTLY CLEAN but felt pretty BAD, NO TERRIBLY BAD from the dehydration. I was dizzy, and had the worst headache of my life. It was NOT good.

I am thinking this time that I will take just the 12 pills...
PRIOR to the test, beginning 3 days prior, my diet will consist of Ensure Clear to get my vitamins and proteins and then 24 hours prior CLEAR only and lots and lots to drink. I will have my headache pills handy this time.

You know..this prep just sucks!

I found another one on the internet that my doctor did approve which was just changing food intake, fluid intake and taking laxatives. WELL after reading how PAINFUL dulcolax laxitives can be...I am thinking not.
IF ANYONE HERE knows of anything to make us feel better...get rid of that dehydrated symptoms....or NON CRAMPING laxitives that work great I am here to listen.

Needless to say I am not looking forward to this MY problem is, I fill up very quickly. I cannot eat much or drink much without feeling totally full and then the liquid wants to come back up..SO for me to push liquids is hard.

I am thinking of stretching this prep out over 2-3 day period...you know..
take a bit longer to clean out but not feel AS sick, and be ready for Thursday? I was told to dilute my gatorade so that I did not feel so bad with the headaches because of the sodium in it.
I tend to get migraines anyway.
I am a lupus patient so it takes little to upset my applecart
Again, ANY suggestions?
Thanks SO MUCH!!
Madison

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-06-2012, 02:52 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Madison104 HB UserMadison104 HB UserMadison104 HB User
Re: Colonoscopy preps, answers, questions

No replies yet..eeekkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkks.
Only kidding..JUST NERVOUS and hoping someone else can relate...

Closed Thread