It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-05-2012, 08:17 AM   #1
(male)

JLM1985 HB User
Change In Bowel Frequency

Hi, all!

I've been having some issues with my bowels and going to the bathroom and would like some advice. I'm a 27 year old male in relatively good health.

For starters, last July I noticed blood on the toilet paper after I went to the bathroom. I went to my doctor who thought it was probably hemorrhoids but she referred me to a very good colorectal surgeon just to get it checked out further. I first saw him in February of this year and he confirmed that I had hemorrhoids. He banded two right then and there and had me go back in March to band the other two. I am seeing him again in about a month for a flexible sigmoidoscopy to make sure everything is fine.

Well, in April, I'm pretty sure the hemorrhoids came back unfortunately. I can deal with them so I'm not too bothered by it. There's some blood on the toilet paper still and very slight discomfort otherwise, but that's it.

The thing is, after my appointment in March, my bowel habits have changed. I used to go to the bathroom once a day in the morning. Now, a few times a week I'll go twice a day. If I go twice a day, the first stool is a little harder than when I go the second time. I had diarrhea earlier this week, which I think is another reason that I'm a little nervous.

Of COURSE I googled symptoms and determined I have colorectal cancer or something. I don't know what could have made my bowel habits change. Back in September or so I started increasing my fiber intake but my bowel habits didn't change then. In March I started drinking a lot more water during the day, so maybe that could account for the change? I just don't know if it's anything to worry about. Again, I'm getting a flexible sigmoidoscopy next month, but until then I'm a little worried. Is it something to worry about? There's no stomach pain (although sometimes I still feel bloated after a bowel movement but that can go away throughout the day), weight loss, or loss of appetite.

I think the combination of the change in my bowel movements and the blood (which I think are just the hemorrhoids returned) has me really worried.

Last edited by JLM1985; 05-05-2012 at 08:20 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-05-2012, 02:27 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

flipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB User
Re: Change In Bowel Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLM1985 View Post
Hi, all!

I've been having some issues with my bowels and going to the bathroom and would like some advice. I'm a 27 year old male in relatively good health.

For starters, last July I noticed blood on the toilet paper after I went to the bathroom. I went to my doctor who thought it was probably hemorrhoids but she referred me to a very good colorectal surgeon just to get it checked out further. I first saw him in February of this year and he confirmed that I had hemorrhoids. He banded two right then and there and had me go back in March to band the other two. I am seeing him again in about a month for a flexible sigmoidoscopy to make sure everything is fine.

Well, in April, I'm pretty sure the hemorrhoids came back unfortunately. I can deal with them so I'm not too bothered by it. There's some blood on the toilet paper still and very slight discomfort otherwise, but that's it.

The thing is, after my appointment in March, my bowel habits have changed. I used to go to the bathroom once a day in the morning. Now, a few times a week I'll go twice a day. If I go twice a day, the first stool is a little harder than when I go the second time. I had diarrhea earlier this week, which I think is another reason that I'm a little nervous.

Of COURSE I googled symptoms and determined I have colorectal cancer or something. I don't know what could have made my bowel habits change. Back in September or so I started increasing my fiber intake but my bowel habits didn't change then. In March I started drinking a lot more water during the day, so maybe that could account for the change? I just don't know if it's anything to worry about. Again, I'm getting a flexible sigmoidoscopy next month, but until then I'm a little worried. Is it something to worry about? There's no stomach pain (although sometimes I still feel bloated after a bowel movement but that can go away throughout the day), weight loss, or loss of appetite.

I think the combination of the change in my bowel movements and the blood (which I think are just the hemorrhoids returned) has me really worried.
I don't think you have anything to worry about because you don't have blood in your stool,the change in bowel habits is usually consistent over a two week period,your stools aren't pencil thin or ribbon-like in shape,no sudden weight loss or gain(from being severely constipated) no change in appetite. Sometimes our bowel movements change just because of what we have eaten and how much we drink water. When you have two bowel movements in one day that is good because it means you're getting enough fiber and water in your diet. For me I sure, welcome two bowel movements in one day rather than not being able to go at all for more than 3 days in a row !

Closed Thread