It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-24-2012, 07:18 AM   #1
(male)

ChrisDM HB User
Constipation with harsh abdominal pain

Hey guys, first time I post here. Never really thought i'd have to do this especially at my young age of 24.

This is the second time this happens to me. Randomly I start having a small pain in my stomach region right under my belly button. The next day I wake up I'm in agony. I can't even walk straight. The pain spikes up usually in the morning when my bladder is full. It burns slightly when I go pee aswell.

This is also accompanied by a 38-39 degree fever. Ive been like this for 3 or 4 days now. I'm having gases and they seem to relieve the pain quite a bit. But no bowel movements.

What should I do? I bought ex-lax without reading the box but when I got home I saw that it said not to take with abdominal pain or fever. I'm seriously grasping at straws here.

I'm really afraid. Hopefully you guys may be able to shed some light on this.

Thank you all.

Old 05-24-2012, 04:30 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Misty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB User
Re: Constipation with harsh abdominal pain

You may have a bowel blockage. Better to see a physician for proper diagnosis.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-01-2012, 03:21 PM   #3
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User

Hi Welcome to the General Health board! I hope the needed support is found here. I would agree with one of the other posters that a professional needs a call to find the diagnosis and possible cause for this. If constipated one can drink one quart of warm water wait a half hour to see if one goes and use the slippery part of okra straining out the food to avoid backup if there are other problems. The slippery part is drunk. The okra can be simmered slightly with water to help obtain this. The slippery part of flax can be used also instead of okra if there is none. Okra is often in the frozen section of many places. However if the bowel is twisted there could be severe repercussions. If there is no bowel movement soon or if symptoms worsen the emergency room could be seen. If the bowel is in good condition and it has been determined that there is no bowel twisting or major disease then prune juice is used by some for their constipation. Peace sjb

Old 06-02-2012, 08:42 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

flipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisDM View Post
Hey guys, first time I post here. Never really thought i'd have to do this especially at my young age of 24.

This is the second time this happens to me. Randomly I start having a small pain in my stomach region right under my belly button. The next day I wake up I'm in agony. I can't even walk straight. The pain spikes up usually in the morning when my bladder is full. It burns slightly when I go pee aswell.

This is also accompanied by a 38-39 degree fever. Ive been like this for 3 or 4 days now. I'm having gases and they seem to relieve the pain quite a bit. But no bowel movements.

What should I do? I bought ex-lax without reading the box but when I got home I saw that it said not to take with abdominal pain or fever. I'm seriously grasping at straws here.

I'm really afraid. Hopefully you guys may be able to shed some light on this.

Thank you all.
Try using a glycerin suppository to help soften the stool in your rectum. It can take as little as 20 minutes to work or long as an hour depending upon how constipated you're. When you do get get the urge to move your bowels,don't strain or force the bowel movement out. Try taking slow deep breaths continuously until you're able to move your bowels. This does work but it does take longer to go but doesn't hurt no where near it does when you strain or force the stool out. It helps me to relax more if I play relaxing music while doing the slow deep breathing it relaxes the muscles in the anal and rectal area as well.

Old 06-03-2012, 09:22 AM   #5
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User

Hi ChrisDM:
If desired we would be interested to know what was done and the effect. Peace

Closed Thread