It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-29-2012, 04:58 PM   #1
(male)

Bkguy HB User
Little bit of blood when wiping

Hey I get a little bit of blood when wiping, im only 18 and its not like its painful, I think it happened one time after I took a pretty big one... And I may have wiped too hard. Its been happening on and off for like a year or something, I cant really remember. But its not all the time, its not painful. What could it be?

Old 05-29-2012, 06:30 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User
Re: Little bit of blood when wiping

Hi a gastroenterologist might help find out. Sometimes they test stool for occult (hidden) blood. Sometimes it is something like a fissure or a hemmhoroid, or internal disease or something further up the bowel making it bleed such as a tumor. I would use a soft tissue or even cotton facial wipe and then carefully pat cleaned until no poop is on it, for a few days and not so hard. Also a shower if things are real sore. A gentle pat drying might be useful after. Sometimes not using something soft enough or not cleaning properly can make it raw on the outside also. A small hand mirror might help get a self peek. sjb

Last edited by sjb; 05-29-2012 at 06:37 PM. Reason: Grammar, additions and deletion

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-30-2012, 01:56 PM   #3
(male)

Bkguy HB User

Thanks, there was no blood today, so could that be a problem with something inside me or no?

Old 05-30-2012, 04:10 PM   #4
(female)

katiebear77 HB User

It would not be a bad idea to get a colonoscopy, that way you can know for sure what is happening. go get checked out while you can to make sure that if something is going on, you catch it and handle it early. It could be nothing, could just be that you a prone to hemerroids and these bleed when you're passing stool, it could be something else. But getting checked out will let you know for sure!

Last edited by Administrator; 06-04-2012 at 07:55 PM.

Old 05-30-2012, 05:35 PM   #5
(male)

Bkguy HB User

I forgot to mention I was having chest pains before this for about 8 weeks, the chest pains are now gone, they said it was a pinched nerve, they even did an ultrasound of my stomach to look to make sure all the stuff inside was fine, and it was. So I mean, I doubt its polpy or whatever, since no one in my family has it...

The following user gives a hug of support to Bkguy:
sjb (05-31-2012)
Old 05-31-2012, 05:19 AM   #6
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User

Hi perhaps it is still important to find out the cause of the bleeding in case it was inside. Some conditions are like that with blood one day and not others.

Old 05-31-2012, 02:57 PM   #7
(male)

Bkguy HB User

What could it be at 18? There is no colon cancer in my family? I feel no pain, the blood is bright red. My sister does have Crohns but thats the only case. I have no other side effects of Crohns

Last edited by Bkguy; 05-31-2012 at 02:58 PM.

Old 05-31-2012, 06:39 PM   #8
Facilitator
(female)

Hi mmmm O.K. in my opinion that is something that should be examined at the other end of a person now to determine, especially now that family history has been determined. Family weakness of the bowel or even similar dietary habits should help one decide to get a proper rectal exam by an enterologist only they can make a correct determination since we can't look at it. It might be as simple as an internal hemmhoroid, fissure or as serious as Chron's.

Last edited by sjb; 05-31-2012 at 06:42 PM. Reason: comma and addition

Old 06-01-2012, 12:48 PM   #9
(male)

Bkguy HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjb View Post
Hi mmmm O.K. in my opinion that is something that should be examined at the other end of a person now to determine, especially now that family history has been determined. Family weakness of the bowel or even similar dietary habits should help one decide to get a proper rectal exam by an enterologist only they can make a correct determination since we can't look at it. It might be as simple as an internal hemmhoroid, fissure or as serious as Chron's.
Well they took blood from me at the ER and said everything was fine, just my white blood cell was slighty down or something, nothing to be scared about. he said it was just like that because my heart was racing the whole time.

Old 06-01-2012, 01:37 PM   #10
Facilitator
(female)

Hi yes but did he look into the rear end?

Old 06-03-2012, 04:39 PM   #11
(male)

Bkguy HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjb View Post
Hi yes but did he look into the rear end?
No, but I talked to my sister. Im getting looked, my sister thinks its just a tear or whatever. Thanks.

The following user gives a hug of support to Bkguy:
sjb (06-04-2012)
The Following User Says Thank You to Bkguy For This Useful Post:
sjb (06-04-2012)
Old 06-03-2012, 11:51 PM   #12
(male)

Green1233 HB User

Same thing happened to me. If your not puking up clumps of blood or pooping just straight blood. Its just a anal tear. Its completely normal if it itched a little bit after then you just tore skin a bit. You'll be fine man

Last edited by Administrator; 06-04-2012 at 07:52 PM.

The following user gives a hug of support to Green1233:
sjb (06-04-2012)
Old 06-04-2012, 04:51 AM   #13
Facilitator
(female)

Hi good if desired let us know how it goes.

Old 06-04-2012, 10:25 AM   #14
(male)

still life HB Userstill life HB User

I'm 22 and this happens to me sometimes. It is most likely just hemorrhoids. A better diet with more fiber can help. You are young, so colon cancer is extremely unlikely.

Old 06-04-2012, 01:56 PM   #15
(male)

Bkguy HB User

Yea the doc said I was fine Im pretty sure I have some major health anxiety! It all started when I smoked weed and drank red bull and I thought I was having a heart attack. I then pinched a nerve in my neck due to my work and poor posture, It felt like I had a heart attack again(for 2 mins) I waited it out, then it got better but then I pinched it again! This time I went to the ER and they said my heart was fine, and there was no heart attacks in the past. Now every single pain I get I relate it to some horrible disease that is going to kill me! I'm too young for this! I've been having dreams of the future and it seems like im going to die young, and I feel like im going to die young. Its a horrible feeling. Should I go see someone and talk about this this stuff? I hate living like this, because this is suppose to be the prime of my life, im suppose to be worrying about school and stuff not my health!

Closed Thread