It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-02-2012, 01:52 PM   #1
(female)

GloryLove HB User
Unhappy Never Thought This Would Happen.

As previously stated in the title, I never thought this would happen.

This is kind of embarrassing for me to admit, so please bear with me.

I'm thirteen years old and for the last few months I've been having severe problems with going to the bathroom. Either the stool was too hard to pass, it was so soft I couldn't push it out, it was too large, or I just had cramps, irregularity, pain, or frankly I felt as if when I went, there was more behind it.

Over the course of the last few weeks I told my dad about my problem and he gave me stool softeners and Metamoucil (sp?) to try out. They didn't work. At all.

It came to the point where I couldn't have a bowel moment (and I still can't) that he gave me a saline laxative. The thing had me bolting for the bathroom, but there was more stool behind what had came out that I just couldn't passed. I must have drank half a bottle of saline laxative every one or two days in hopes of clearing it all out. (Under my dad's supervision of course, I asked for permission to take them.)

I don't think it's my diet, I've been eating fairly healthy. I've been eating Activia Yogurt in hopes of helping with my digestive system, as well as taking Culturelle and stool softeners. Still, I can't go to the bathroom!

It's like the stool is so large. I mean, it doesn't hurt all that bad to try and push out, it's just the fact that I can't have a bowel movement and I cannot push. It feels like I can't get a grip, as odd as it sounds.

I'm sorry if I sound like a whining brat, It's just I'm so fed up with all these problems. Even working out isn't helping. I really, really don't want to have to go to the doctor.

Does anyone have any tips or suggestions? Preferably something to work quickly? I'm about willing to try anything.

Thanks for reading, and I look forward to your answers, if any answers come at all.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-02-2012, 08:58 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

flipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB User
Re: Never Thought This Would Happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryLove View Post

I'm thirteen years old and for the last few months I've been having severe problems with going to the bathroom. Either the stool was too hard to pass, it was so soft I couldn't push it out, it was too large, or I just had cramps, irregularity, pain, or frankly I felt as if when I went, there was more behind it.

Over the course of the last few weeks I told my dad about my problem and he gave me stool softeners and Metamoucil (sp?) to try out. They didn't work. At all.

It came to the point where I couldn't have a bowel moment (and I still can't) that he gave me a saline laxative. The thing had me bolting for the bathroom, but there was more stool behind what had came out that I just couldn't passed. I must have drank half a bottle of saline laxative every one or two days in hopes of clearing it all out. (Under my dad's supervision of course, I asked for permission to take them.)

I don't think it's my diet, I've been eating fairly healthy. I've been eating Activia Yogurt in hopes of helping with my digestive system, as well as taking Culturelle and stool softeners. Still, I can't go to the bathroom!

It's like the stool is so large. I mean, it doesn't hurt all that bad to try and push out, it's just the fact that I can't have a bowel movement and I cannot push. It feels like I can't get a grip, as odd as it sounds.

I'm sorry if I sound like a whining brat, It's just I'm so fed up with all these problems. Even working out isn't helping. I really, really don't want to have to go to the doctor.

Does anyone have any tips or suggestions? Preferably something to work quickly? I'm about willing to try anything.

Thanks for reading, and I look forward to your answers, if any answers come at all.
Try using a glycerin suppository to soften the hard stool in your rectum. It could take as long as an hour to work. When you do get the urge to have a bowel movement don't push instead take slow deep breaths continuously until you have a bowel movement. This could take as long as 30 minutes but it doesn't hurt as much to go as when you strain and push so hard.

Old 06-03-2012, 12:52 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

flipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB User
Re: Never Thought This Would Happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryLove View Post

Sorry,I hit the submit button in my previous post before I had finished writing to you. I can totally understand the pain and agony you're going through with the constipation. I have had lifelong problems with constipation and I am almost 51 years old. I remember as a child not going for days and my mother giving me a suppository and enemas and still having to strain and push so hard just to get the hard stool out that I would have tears streaming down my face. It didn't get any better as I got older.
Having my periods made it all that much worse because of the cramps and taking Advil 800mg. every fours for 3-4 days in a row just made me bound up tighter than a drum. Finally in the beginning of March of 2011,I had enough of the constant pain and agony of not being able to have a bowel movements on a regular basis. I started looking up on the internet on natural ways of treating chronic constipation. I found an article on Bowel Retraining Program and read it thoroughly and started on the program the next day. One of the things it tells you to do is: set a time schedule everyday for sitting on the toilet for at least 30 minutes to have a bowel movement. The best time is 20-30 minutes after breakfast because eating and drinking help to kick in peristalsis(colon contractions). For the first two-three days I used a glycerin suppository to help soften the stool and get my colon used to going at the same time everyday. I found that listening to relaxing music and doing slow deep breathing exercises made it so much easier to go and it's painless because it helps relax the rectal and anal muscles so the feces(stool) passes through the anus easier. I also learned that drinking enough water and eating enough fiber makes your bowel movements soft which makes it easier to pass.
I now have a bowel movement everyday with no pain. I know when I have eaten enough fiber and drank enough water the day before because I have two and sometimes three bowel movements in one day. I can tell you though if I don't stay on my daily schedule then I pay for it in having hard painful bowel movements again.

Closed Thread