It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-03-2012, 07:53 AM   #1
(male)

joe183288 HB User
bowel movement and dry heaving issue

Hi everyone I hope someone can help. Here is a quick background of my issue.

I'm 25 years old and have had irregular bowel movements for a little over a year. I used to go to the bathroom every few days but now i have to go every day or i feel awful. The bowel movement is always diarrhea and afterwards i don't to great for an hour or two.
My other big issue is my throat. I have never been able to burp and the last few years it has gotten worse and worse. I constantly dry heave after i eat and at random times. the dry heaving does help because it does help me get out the gas. I usually never throw up when i do this either, its more like a cough and dry heave at the same time.

A few things about me and my past I was a heavy drinker in college and this problem happened shortly after graduated school. I have cut back a lot since graduation but still like to go out and drink. I have a feeling this may have a big part of my issue and I probably need to stop drinking for awhile. I have also got a colonoscopy and endoscopy about a year ago and recently got my gal bladder and liver scanned. Everything was said to be normal. I have told Dr. about the non-burping thing and they just act like i'm crazy. I also have anxiety so i heard that could be a reason why i can't burp. Does anyone think they may know what the issue is? I have been told its not crones. Could it be lactose and tolerant? or something with gluten? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-03-2012, 10:59 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User
Re: bowel movement and dry heaving issue

Hi I don't think I have to say to avoid drinking alcohol,drugs or using tobacco, because it appears that on some level it is already known. Alcohol is bad for the stomach and bowel system as are other non-food substances that don't grow on trees, plants or bushes.

Sweets are said to cause panic attacks.

I would not use cheese, yogurt or bacteria cultured bread to avoid the gas that may be a factor in the burping.

I would follow other good healthy lifestyle tips also such as a daily walk in sunshine and fresh air (except between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m.), plenty of good water a fruit, grain, vegetable, nut diet. Some foods such as potatoes, homemade bread, apples, toast, and rice are supposed to be good to stop diarrhea.

Since an endoscopy has already been done I am not sure it is a celiac gluten problem and even if it was some people on the gluten free diet have more trouble with other things later so I am not sure I would try that just yet.

Peace, If desired let me know how it goes. sjb

Old 06-03-2012, 11:33 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User

Hi joe,
As an IBS sufferer I can tell you its a case of eating healthy. Alcohol is a complete NO-NO for me and I dont believe it would help anyone with a stomach issue.
Try increasing your Fibre intake, where I live we would take something called Benefibre, its a powder you add to food or drink and it will firm up your stools and help with the Diareah.
Avoid all junk food and eat Fish, Chicken and fresh fruit and veg. Other foods you can add when your Diareah improves. If you look up diets for Diareah you will find some helpful sugestions.
All the best,

Solofelix.

Old 06-03-2012, 12:30 PM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User

Hi I would avoid meat because of bacterial load which heat does not always take care of since this in itself as an infection could cause diarrhea. I would avoid fish because mercury sometimes is in fish and fish also go through polluted waters in distant lands which may dump sewer and can therefore have e. coli or other potential germ to inhabit the intestinal tract. In addition germs grow readily on raw meat and may have grown in the meat while waiting to be bought. I saw some large tuna dumped at an airport by accident onto the ground one time and because they were so incredibly large it took awhile before they actually picked it up. Peace, sjb

Old 06-03-2012, 01:51 PM   #5
(male)

joe183288 HB User

thank you guys for the feedback i will def try everything you have told me. I also wanted to update you on something i just noticed. While sitting in bed i noticed that I'm having stomach spasms. I'm not sure if this is something that has recently started or its been doing it for awhile but i just noticed it today. Any thoughts on that?

Old 06-03-2012, 05:16 PM   #6
Facilitator
(female)

Hi yes I think if I had already seen the doctor and he did not find it I would lay down with a heating pad over it to see if it relaxes, in addition to the above tips. It may take some time to heal with the above tips because the body needs time. Some people work on health for a lifetime with lifestyle. It may heal in weeks if it has not been trammelled on badly from poor lifestyle or if not too much nutrition is lost from illness. All the best, sjb

Old 06-04-2012, 01:25 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User

Hi joe,
I have been diagnosed with IBS and spasm's in the stomach are one of the symptoms.
I think you should ask your Dr if this is a possibility with you, if so he can prescribe medication for that.
Like I said before diet is important and will help a lot. Regarding Alcohol if I was you I would cut down or stop altogether for a few weeks to see how things go.
There is no medical cure for IBS (thats if you have it) but it can be managed with a healthy diet.
Anxiety is not helpful for any stomach condition and you should try to avoid it if possible if not get some help for it.
Hope you soon feel better,

Solofelix.

The following user gives a hug of support to solofelix:
sjb (06-04-2012)
The Following User Says Thank You to solofelix For This Useful Post:
sjb (06-04-2012)
Closed Thread