These symptoms have been off and on for nearly three years.
1. Passing gas- sometimes normal, sometimes my backdoor area feels so tight that I can barely get the gas out. The latter is more likely in the mornings. Not to sound too gross, but in the latter situation, I can get the gas out with no problems if I spread my cheeks apart.
2. Stool- sometimes normal(quarter plus in diameter), sometimes thin (nickel diameter), sometimes diarrhea(rarely liquid, more like the appearance of shredded paper)
3. The stool cycle seems to come in waves. Normal for a few days, irregular for a few days.
4. I've been regular throughout- usually once a day.
5. I've never seen any blood.
6. Most always I feel like I get all the stool out when I go. I do occasionally have pain in my lower right abdomen though this has been the case for years and again is intermittent.
Hi welcome to the healthboards! I hope the needed support is found! Sometimes when pain is found in the lower right abdomen they say to go to the emergency room in case it is appendicitis. Other problems might be infection. Sometimes a gastroenterologist can help figure out what is happening exactly. What are the health habits?
Thanks for the reply. My biggest problem is not going to the doc. like I should. I did have a health screening recently that showed normal vitals(BP,cholesterol,blood sugar). I eat well, exercise regularly, and have maintained a healthy weight.
The Following User Says Thank You to abrown0077 For This Useful Post: sjb (06-07-2012)
Your symptoms shout IBS.
I have the same myself. You need to see a Dr for relevant tests to confirm if this is so.
Dont know your age but Diverticulitis also rings a bell. I have this as well and again similar symptoms.
Any change in Bowel Condition should be investigated and the appropriate treatment prescribed. Do see your Dr and I wish you well,
The Following User Says Thank You to solofelix For This Useful Post: abrown0077 (06-07-2012)