It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-07-2012, 01:24 PM   #1
(female)

Needers HB User
Abdominal Pain 1 year after Reversal

I had a Colostomy due to Perforated Diverticulitis. Reversal was in Nov. 2010. That went great! But, now I am experiencing, very bad abdominal pain, in the center, where my belly button is. The pain would come in waves. Start out gradual, then get really bad, then go away, just like Labor pains! The pain maybe last 30 seconds? I didnt go to the Emergency room, only for the fact, that I knew theyd give me yet, another CT scan. Had 3 in 8 months. Last one they found a partial blockage, I drank a big glass of prune juice in the hospital, and it was fine!
The pain started Sunday, I went to my doc on Tuesday early morning, he gave me an xray, didnt find any blockage, hardly had any pain when he pushed ( of course ) but later on that day/night it came back. I have extreme tenderness now on the left side between my belly button and where my bag was. The pain area is about the size of my hand. He put me on antibiotics, just in case.
Today (Thursday} I woke up thinking I had to "go", no hurry, but when I went, it was Diarrha. I dont know of this is because of the Antibitocs (on 2 different ones), or the large amount of water intake I am doing. When I barely touch that area, it hurts, when I laiugh or walk, it hurts. My husband gave me hug, and barely touch my stomach and it hurt. Right now, I do not have that wave of pain coming on, but feel it when I move. The last time I had this, the tenderness lasted about 2 weeks. But... I also could feel a slight pain all the time there, if I pushed a bit hard in that area, That never went away. Any ideas would be appreciated!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread