It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-12-2012, 08:22 PM   #1
(female)

lil angel HB User
Unhappy Please help me

IM a super clean person.. I'm a 16 year old female and I smell like poop.. I dont know how it started or why. I started freshmen year happy and excited and two months later I hear that I smell like sh**. I take a shower every morning brush my teeth and wear clean clothes. Why do I smell like poop?? At school they call me stinky girl. One of my friends calls me that behind my back and in class they always say" someone needs a shower or it smells like sh**.. A group of kids I dont even came close to me and smell me and Said " somebody didn't pay the water bill" this one kid I didn't even know told me while I was passing by him " take a shower"
Please help me my sisters n parents don't believe me. I suffer everyday at school sometimes I don't even want to go any more..some My little cousins have noticed my smell dnt say anything everyone but my sisters or parents think I smell.. Please help ;(

Old 06-12-2012, 08:29 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

noevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB User
Re: Please help me

Hi there, so sorry you are going thru this. I think what I would do is make an appt w/ my regular dr., you are in your teens so your body is going thru so many changes, who knows what is going on there? Let them figure it out. At 16 I believe you can go to the dr. w/o your parents if you have to (not telling you to but if you have to...well)

The odor could come from many different things so please let the dr. figure it out and hopefully its a quick fix, could be a hormone thingy. good luck! cJ

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-13-2012, 05:32 AM   #3
(female)

Chrissy26 HB UserChrissy26 HB UserChrissy26 HB UserChrissy26 HB UserChrissy26 HB UserChrissy26 HB UserChrissy26 HB User

I do agree that it could be your hormones. You're 16 and your body is going through some major changes. I also agree that you should see your doctor and let him/her help you with this. It could be something so simple that could be corrected easily. I'm sorry you're going through this but you should actually report it to your school principle. They're bullying you and harassing you and every school has a "no bullying zone". Good luck to you.

Old 06-19-2012, 07:52 PM   #4
(male)

helpingoutbro HB User

I suffered with a similar issue for years. It always seemed worst in the mornings when I would be at my first period of school. I always feel like their was moist around my anus that was nothing more than clear swet. Sometimes I felt like it went away and was good to go but sometimes it would be really bad and the whole room would stink. I want to you to try what has made a huge differance for me. Go to a walmart and buy antifungal cream like the kind used to cure atheletes foot or jock itch. Apply that to the anal region along with some antifungal powder to keep area dry. I've been using it for a bout 10 days now and it really makes a difference, also use it after a bowel movement, just make sure to whip clean with some baby wipes. I saw results in less than a day, let me know if that helps.

Old 06-20-2012, 02:23 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User

You really need to see a physician and make sure you do not have a fistula. That is an abnormal channel from the bowel to the outside of body that can leak fecal material and gas. There may be an opening near the anus that looks like a dimple, pimple, or small hole. The opening can sometimes occur in the vagina, where the leakage occurs. This can be corrected if one is found, so please get it checked out. You can show this post to your parents to assist you in getting medical attention.

Old 06-20-2012, 05:03 AM   #6
(female)

jollydolly2012 HB User

Hello. Im a grandmother of 8. Your story touched me. Ive never been on a message board before. lol I joined so I could reply to you. I have a two 16 yr old grand children. One boy and One girl. Now, I dont know but this is something you can check into. I really doubt your problem is this severe, but I was told by my brother that he saw on 20/20 about a women who had the same problem . She was grown,..and it had affected her whole life. Once she knew what it was,..her diet was changed and it totally solved the problem. I will try to find the link,..you can watch it,..and then follow up with a doctor. I havent seen it yet either,..I just wanted to email you first and let you know what I heard. And the kids at school really need to be addressed by someone in Athority. If I lived close to you,..I could help you with that. I do not appreciate bullys.
I will check on this as well,..and get back with ya ! This can be fixed hon !
Have a positive Day!

Old 06-20-2012, 05:31 AM   #7
(female)

jollydolly2012 HB User
Smile Re: Please help me

Hello. Im a grandmother of 8. Your story touched me. Ive never been on a message board before. lol I joined so I could reply to you. I have a two 16 yr old grand children. One boy and One girl. Now, I dont know but this is something you can check into. I really doubt your problem is this severe, but I was told by my brother that he saw on 20/20 about a women who had the same problem . She was grown,. Once she knew what it was,..her diet was changed and it totally solved the problem. Alot of times,.changing diet can do wonders. you can google anything and get so many answers.
And the kids at school really need to be addressed by someone in Athority. If I lived close to you,..I could help you with that. I do not appreciate bullys.
I will check on this as well,..and get back with ya ! This can be fixed hon !
Have a positive Day!

Old 07-12-2012, 10:23 PM   #8
(female)

lil angel HB User

Thank you for your.. Bu today 7/12/12 it got worse. I'm in a summer program that let's spend the one week in a college campus. Well today is the last day and the teachers were passing out awards and when up every cheer for me but when I was on my way to sit down a guy shouted she smells like poop. I want to cry but I want to look strong and happy like if I didn't hear but I did.. It's 10:21 and we don't get to go home until tomorrow but first we are going on a field trip.. Please help me my parents and sisters don't believe me and I've been embraced at school and here. I'm sharing this with you because I can't tell one else. Help me!!! :,(
I might reply for awhile because I writing this through my iPod touch and I need Internet.

Help me. I'm cried to god yesterday and I might today !

Old 07-13-2012, 06:54 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User

Is there a camp nurse or school nurse you could talk to? I'll bet either would be kind and supportive and able to help you. Just to clarify, when people say you smell like "sh**" do they just mean body odor in general, like underarm sweat odor, or literally like feces? There is a big difference, and both cause and treatment would be completely different. Do you smell this yourself? Why does it seem everyone smells it but your parents? I truly feel for you and want you to reach out to someone you trust who can help you. The nurses at camp or school would be a good start, but any trusted adult might help get you steered in the right direction to get some answers and solutions.

Old 07-13-2012, 06:58 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

noevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB User

Have you been to the dr. yet? please get it checked out I think that will help! cj

Old 07-13-2012, 09:31 AM   #11
(female)

FeralKitty HB User

Trimethylaminuria

Old 07-13-2012, 09:59 AM   #12
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User

Greetings lil angel! My sympathies for this situation and welcome to the healthboards!

Some people's sinuses get infected with e. coli. after they go to the bathroom with a B.M. and then it smells bad from the bacteria. A professional could check that if desired. I would do plenty of health measures such as drinking plenty of water to make sure the sinuses are properly drained. If the sinuses are the difficulty I would also use an ear irrigation bulb to mix 8 ounces of water with 1/2 teaspoon salt and place the nozzle of the bulb in each nostril slightly and let it drain until it is felt at the back of the throat and very gently blow this into a tissue. Properly made, this does not hurt since the solution is made of salt water the same as the body cells in the first place. I would do this at least once a day in the morning and if needed two or 3 more times during the day until there is no more objectionable odor.

I would try to remember to keep my hands off my face. I would wash hands carefully after toiletry.

I would also eat more greens since it may help cleanse and deodorize the body because of chlorophyll content. Even passing gas really might not smell if the body is healthier. I would also do a healthy walk everyday and other healthy lifestyle measures such as getting 8 hours of sleep. Peace, sjb

Last edited by sjb; 07-13-2012 at 10:06 AM. Reason: Addition made

The Following User Says Thank You to sjb For This Useful Post:
lil angel (07-14-2012)
Old 07-14-2012, 06:28 PM   #13
(female)

lil angel HB User

Well I don't smell it. But I think they are talking about my odor. Sadly we don't have a nurse. But I do sometimes smell something bad but I'm not sure if it's me. I take a shower everyday and clean myself properly. I've talked to my parents but they said I was being bullied. But if I wee being bullied why would people tell the same thing at camp. Nobody from my camp goes to my school or lives near my school. :,(

Last edited by lil angel; 07-14-2012 at 06:36 PM.

The following user gives a hug of support to lil angel:
sjb (07-14-2012)
Old 07-14-2012, 06:58 PM   #14
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User

Greetings, Well I guess I am not sure but I think I would inquire around people I knew fairly well and trusted to keep confidentiality and ask who they thought was the most honest person around who does not usually gossip then privately see the person and then get acquinted. I would ask them to keep it confidential if desired and politely tell them what people have been saying and would they mind honestly saying yes or no is there really a smell like that around me. If a person can smell themselves it is time to do something about it no matter where it is coming from but a professional might help locate the actual place and maybe the reason for its occurence. Peace, sjb

Last edited by sjb; 07-14-2012 at 07:02 PM. Reason: addition made

Closed Thread