It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-26-2012, 11:58 AM   #1
(male)

peterpan1 HB User
External Hemorrhoid Problem, is this rare?

I'm 25 years old, very active, and an atkins dieter'. I passed a hard stool on Thursday that did not hurt too bad, but i felt it hurt. I still continued to work out and walk my dog. Reluctantly, I received my first case of hemorrhoid's last friday June 22, I awoke with a swelling pain arround my anus that did not allow me to sit. In addition, I was constipated for a day or two. The culprit is about the size of a jelly bean and right next to the 12 oclock vain on my anus. It hurts to walk, sit, and even lay down for long periods of time. I am taking baths, inducing fiber diets, ib profin, and using tuck pads. However, the Hemorrhoid swelling is so painpul, its hard and is affecting me from walking and even going to work. I went to the doctor yesterday (a surgen who cuts these thing off) he told me it was a mild case and should go away with simple home remedies. I am just in so much pain, I do not know if this is really normal and how long this intense pressure is supposed to last. Its been 5 days so far.. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

FYI there are no signs of bleeding.

Old 06-26-2012, 12:33 PM   #2
(male)

Tarland HB User
Re: External Hemorrhoid Problem, is this rare?

Hi PeterPan

Have tried pushing it back in?

There are creams as well that can reduce swelling etc which also make it easier to do the pushing back in.

I wouldn't rush into surgery if this is the first time this has happened.
Hope that helps.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-26-2012, 01:30 PM   #3
(male)

peterpan1 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarland View Post
Hi PeterPan

Have tried pushing it back in?

There are creams as well that can reduce swelling etc which also make it easier to do the pushing back in.

I wouldn't rush into surgery if this is the first time this has happened.
Hope that helps.
Thank you for your help

I have semi tried to do this but im not sure if you can push it back in. I've looked in the mirror and although my rhoid doesnt look as bad as some (just a pink color same color as the anus) and look very mild I dont understand the pain behind it and howto control the swelling. there seems to be so much uncertainty due to the vast conditions and i havent had much look looking online. I was curious to see if people had this much pain 5 days in to the swelling and what they did in order to get it go away.

Old 06-29-2012, 01:26 AM   #4
(male)

dave642 HB User

I've had a thrombosed external and boy does it hurt,
Drink loads of water (takes a day or two to start seeing results) and get a stool softener so no more hard stools (do this immediately)
the clot may shrink over time (1-2 weeks) or you may need it removed pending on how sore it is for you, takes 5 mins. Sore = yes but you recover quickly.
If you are taking pain killers take a laxative to counteract the effects, take hot bath to relieve pain, and i mean really hot, as hot as you can bare.
hope that helps

Old 07-05-2012, 12:14 PM   #5
(female)

mmmpie HB User

I was in constant pain for my prolapsing internal hemorrhoid, so this may be slightly different, but, these the OTC things that helped me with the pain: Preparation H cream (praxomine HCl is the active ingredient for pain relief, and is only in the cream formula and not in the ointment formula) and ibuprofen to reduce inflammation and pain. Good luck!

Old 07-05-2012, 07:01 PM   #6
Inactive
(female)

TXChica70 HB User

I've had external hemorrhoids for 8 years now. Most of the time they don't bother me, just an annoyance but when they become thrombosed and swell, holy cow! I've been known to scream...loud...when I'm having a BM. I also went to a doctor to have them cut out - he told me they were just stretched out skin HA! I beg to differ. They're hard and painful at times. All you can do is hope you don't end up like me and have them for the rest of your life. Makes 'cleaning' figuratively and literally a pain in the ***.

Old 07-12-2012, 08:15 AM   #7
(female)

Tessietimestwo HB User

I've also been suffering from a hemorrhoid for the past four days. This is a first time for me too. I have been putting ice on mine to reduce the pain and swelling and also taking 20-minute hot baths. Standing or sitting too long can irritate it so try to change in up every hour and if you can lay on your side for a while that will help too. I'm going to give it a week and if it doesn't improve by then I'll just go straight to emergency. My doctor won't even look at mine. Hope you get relief soon.

Closed Thread