It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-28-2012, 07:21 PM   #1
(male)

owieher HB User
Anal fissure near anal, but towards spine area?

I have a small tear near my anal area, but it is no where close to the actual sphincter area. I don't know what caused it, but could it just be a freak thing, or me just aging?

I did have one near the actual opening and it was a bit uncomfortable, but it eventually healed.

Since my abscess event, I've been super sensitive to these types of things. It's not a fistula is it? Judging by the google pictures, it seems like a fissure. Could age and weakness in my skin caused this?

Thanks.

Old 07-05-2012, 12:14 AM   #2
(male)

owieher HB User
Re: Anal fissure near anal, but towards spine area?

any ideas?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-05-2012, 10:54 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User

It sounds like a fissure...do you have any medication you can use at this point? If they're anywhere in and around the anus and look like a cut, it probably is.

Have you been constipated or going bms more often than usual?

Have you changed toilet paper (I swear some of them are made of steel!).
Are you using any preparations that are wet to help with wiping?
Do you have anything afterward to put on to soothe/heal the area?

Sucks you're having to go through this...I have a fissure and external hemmie...pain in the butt! for all the reasons plus having to deal with them.

q

Old 07-05-2012, 11:17 AM   #4
(male)

owieher HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by quincy View Post
It sounds like a fissure...do you have any medication you can use at this point? If they're anywhere in and around the anus and look like a cut, it probably is.

Have you been constipated or going bms more often than usual?

Have you changed toilet paper (I swear some of them are made of steel!).
Are you using any preparations that are wet to help with wiping?
Do you have anything afterward to put on to soothe/heal the area?

Sucks you're having to go through this...I have a fissure and external hemmie...pain in the butt! for all the reasons plus having to deal with them.

q
I started to incorporate more fiber in my diet. There's been a stint where everything would be fine, but sometimes the stool would be tougher than usual.

Today, I felt the same area and it felt like some sort of pimple (not abscess) with in the tissue. VIsually, you couldn't even tell. Today, it burst after a bm, in that I saw some pus/discharge while wiping.

I'm not having any pain like my abscess episode but I am super anxious now because of it. I figured that the area draining is a good sign that the body is cleaning itself.

One thing though, how can one distinguish if I have a fistula? Fistullas don't just open up for no reason right? I do sit a lot at work and at home, and I don't know if that's a cause of it, or part of the reason why.

Thanks.

Old 07-05-2012, 10:56 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User

Fistulas happen for some by fact of an autoimmune disease. I have a friend who has fistulising Crohn's.

The also happen because of inner abscess and seek a way out to relieve the pressure. They develop an inner lining, so in essence, it's burrowing through the tissue but creating/leaving a permanent trough.

If you say something burst, that would be a probable abscess, and if it's possibly from the original one, it's still there an has developed a fistula to the outside of the skin.

You need to see a doc to determine if you indeed have a fistula, or if it's another cyst/abscess and no fistula, just that it's close to the skin and has burst, emptying itself.

I don't think sitting has caused it, but if it's another cyst/abscess, hopefully it can be cleared out..never to return. But sitting would definitely put pressure on that area.

Hope you can get in with the doc asap.

q

Last edited by quincy; 07-05-2012 at 10:56 PM.

Old 07-05-2012, 11:03 PM   #6
(male)

owieher HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by quincy View Post
Fistulas happen for some by fact of an autoimmune disease. I have a friend who has fistulising Crohn's.

The also happen because of inner abscess and seek a way out to relieve the pressure. They develop an inner lining, so in essence, it's burrowing through the tissue but creating/leaving a permanent trough.

If you say something burst, that would be a probable abscess, and if it's possibly from the original one, it's still there an has developed a fistula to the outside of the skin.

You need to see a doc to determine if you indeed have a fistula, or if it's another cyst/abscess and no fistula, just that it's close to the skin and has burst, emptying itself.

I don't think sitting has caused it, but if it's another cyst/abscess, hopefully it can be cleared out..never to return. But sitting would definitely put pressure on that area.

Hope you can get in with the doc asap.

q
Hey Q,

Thanks so much for your help. Fortunately it's not the same area as the abscess, but the fissure ish area. It's like the size of a pin hole. It's so odd that I'm experiencing things like this in life. But I'll continue to monitor it. I noticed how typical wounds take a lot longer than when I was younger.

I think its some kind of pimple that mended, and then re-popped to drain itself out. I guess that's a positive, but I'll continue to monitor.

I did try keep better hygiene as if I wasn't already clean enough, but I guess these things just happen to humans.

I'll keep an eye out.

Old 07-06-2012, 11:40 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Well, now that you mention it's a pimple/pinhole rather than a cut, I'd lean more towards a fistula. And my point was that it could be from the original abscess.

Again, you need to be checked out asap rather than wait....if it's a one only thing...once the original abscess and this fistula (if that's what you have) is taken care of, that might be it for you.

My concern would be the underlying reason....and if it continues to leak, you have an abscess...that's where the leakage is coming from. It's either the original one, or a new one (which means tendency)...

Please don't wait.
Thanks for the updates.

q

Closed Thread