It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-28-2012, 08:18 PM   #1
(female)

missanxiety HB User
After lunch pooping and gas (embarrassing, I know)

So this is rather embarrassing. I poop 2 times per day, once before breakfast and once about an hour after lunch. I take more than 10 minutes in the bathroom for both cases. I find this really stressful because Iím a uni student and I have to stay in campus until late sometimes. I clearly canít go back home just for a BM...

Is there any way in which I could change my patterns to just go once per day or go at night instead of the afternoon? Or shorten my stay in the toilet? Iíd rather stay at uni because of my eating disorder: going back home is quite behaviour-triggering, and I feel that that silly afternoon BM is not letting me stay at uni for longer.

Thank you!

Old 07-05-2012, 12:26 PM   #2
(female)

mmmpie HB User
Re: After lunch pooping and gas (embarrassing, I know)

I get the urge to go right when I wake up too, and sometimes when I did that, I would go a second time a few hours later after eating. To control having just have one BM a day, try resisting the urge when you wake up (I have to sit down in a chair) and eat a quick breakfast (I do hot oatmeal + ground flaxseed, or a banana), and then go after eating.

Other tips I've heard from people to make it easier (and not strain) - plant both feet down on the ground, heels together, and bend over with your chest close to your knees, and push with your ab muscles more. The issue is that you may not be evacuating completely in the first BM in the morning, and after you eat food, it helps stimulate the feeling to go more.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-05-2012, 10:07 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

flipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB User
Re: After lunch pooping and gas (embarrassing, I know)

Quote:
Originally Posted by missanxiety View Post
So this is rather embarrassing. I poop 2 times per day, once before breakfast and once about an hour after lunch. I take more than 10 minutes in the bathroom for both cases. I find this really stressful because Iím a uni student and I have to stay in campus until late sometimes. I clearly canít go back home just for a BM...

Is there any way in which I could change my patterns to just go once per day or go at night instead of the afternoon? Or shorten my stay in the toilet? Iíd rather stay at uni because of my eating disorder: going back home is quite behaviour-triggering, and I feel that that silly afternoon BM is not letting me stay at uni for longer.

Thank you!
You could try retraining your bowels by going to the bathroom at the same time every day. It could take a week or more for your bowels to re-adjust to a different schedule. Maybe reading or listening to relaxing music might help you to relax your mind and in turn your body will relax and make it easier for you to go . If you're uptight and are having anxiety over having to go to the bathroom then it tightens up the rectal and anal sphincter muscles making harder to move your bowels. Slow deep breathing exercises I have found to help relax me so it's easier to move my bowels.

Closed Thread

Tags
bloating, bowel, movement, poop