It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-01-2012, 08:33 PM   #1
(male)

GlenS HB User
Problem after colonoscopy

Male, 65 years old. After my last colonoscopy about 6 months ago I have the feeling that something is protruding from my rectum. Constipation on and off during all that time. Any idea on what happened during the colonoscopy that would cause this and what it is? Not painful but very unplesant feeling.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-02-2012, 12:57 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User
Re: Problem after colonoscopy

Why did you have the c-scope in the first place....because of a specific problem or was it because you should have one as a baseline?

Have you been to see the doctor and gotten that checked out?

It could be that you have IBS, a hemorrhoid or a fissure.

Do you have any bleeding at all?

What were the results of your c-scope? do you have the report?

q

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-02-2012, 01:02 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User

I've had two Colonoscopys and did not experience this.
Probably you suffered some bruising from the tube insertion. What was the results of your procedure and what have you been prescribed.

Solofelix.

Old 07-02-2012, 02:38 PM   #4
(male)

GlenS HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by quincy View Post
Why did you have the c-scope in the first place....because of a specific problem or was it because you should have one as a baseline?

Have you been to see the doctor and gotten that checked out?

It could be that you have IBS, a hemorrhoid or a fissure.

Do you have any bleeding at all?

What were the results of your c-scope? do you have the report?

q
It was a normal physical c-scopy that I get every 5 years now. The outcome was a few small polyps that were removed. I do have some bright red blood in my stool from time to time. usually if I have to strain hard. The problem I have began right after the procedure. Never had it before. The scopy was about 6 months ago and it hasn't gone away but seems worse. After a BM I wipe and when I stand up I feel like I have a large hunk of excrement still in my rectum. Go back and wipe and there is nothing there. When I shower and run my fingers across my rectum it feels slippery surface instead of the normal. Sorta like part of my colon is hanging out.

Old 07-03-2012, 01:43 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User

Have you taken a look-see? yes, squatting over a mirror. You should be able to see if you have a partial prolapse or a hemorrhoid that's out of the anus.

If you do have any swelling such as an external hemmie, that can also cause the area to feel more slippery since it's swollen and less folds, so to say.

Take a look-see, for sure. At least you'll visibly know what to tell the doctor.

Any swelling in that area or a hemmie will have the feeling that there's stool still in there.
But, it's good you check regardless.

Are you using any external butt medications?
q

Last edited by quincy; 07-03-2012 at 01:44 PM.

Old 07-03-2012, 02:11 PM   #6
(male)

Rich775 HB UserRich775 HB UserRich775 HB UserRich775 HB UserRich775 HB User

It sounds like a hemorrhoid. The feeling of blockage fits and the smoothness fits. It could possibily be irritated tissue from the colonoscopy but is more likely coincidental. A single session of hard pushing can create one. If it were me I would try a topical over-the-counter hemorrhoid treatment just to see if it produces any positive results. That may give you more info.

I had a similar problem on the other end. After an endoscopy I was told I have a hiatal hernia, but I had never had symptoms until after the procedure. I've yet to find anyone else who has had such an experience.

Good luck to you.

M.

Old 07-04-2012, 08:03 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRichards1957 View Post
It sounds like a hemorrhoid. The feeling of blockage fits and the smoothness fits. It could possibily be irritated tissue from the colonoscopy but is more likely coincidental. A single session of hard pushing can create one. If it were me I would try a topical over-the-counter hemorrhoid treatment just to see if it produces any positive results. That may give you more info.

I had a similar problem on the other end. After an endoscopy I was told I have a hiatal hernia, but I had never had symptoms until after the procedure. I've yet to find anyone else who has had such an experience.

Good luck to you.

M.

"When you say you had similar problems the other end"...
What sort of symptoms?
I had swallowing and regurgitating symptoms before and after my Endoscopy and was diagnosed with a Hiatal-Hernia,the symptoms now are the same as before the procedure, so I cannot blame the Endoscopy.

Solofelix.

Old 07-04-2012, 08:11 AM   #8
(male)

Before the endoscopy I never had acid reflux problems. After the procedure I did, immediately and continually. Lol, maybe if he never told me I had a hiatal hernia I would have never had the symptoms.

Old 07-04-2012, 08:19 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRichards1957 View Post
Before the endoscopy I never had acid reflux problems. After the procedure I did, immediately and continually. Lol, maybe if he never told me I had a hiatal hernia I would have never had the symptoms.

Hi,
May I ask "what was the Endoscopy for in the first place"?...

Solofelix.

Old 07-04-2012, 08:33 AM   #10
(male)

I was having general stomach/intestinal irritation that they couldn't identify, so they did both a colonoscopy and endoscopy. I had been seeing an alternative med doc, who suggested I see a GI doc. It turned out that a supplement the alternative doc prescribed (Permeability Factors) was causing the irritation. Bizarre... both docs new the supplements I was taking and neither of them suggested altering the regimen as a test. Duh.

Closed Thread