It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-02-2012, 09:03 PM   #1
(male)

Cointoss HB User
Doctors don't know whats wrong with me; is it IBS or something else?

For 7 years now, I've been having irritable bowel movements and bloated feeling throughout the day everyday, some days worse than others but has nothing to do with diet. Doctors usually dismiss it and tell me to find a good diet and be less stressed, but they don't know how bad the situation is as it started to define my life in a big way. When it first began as a teenager it was accompanied by constipation, after regular medical treatment with spasmo whatever its called, things went back to normal as far as stool or bathroom is concerned. What didn't changed, is the bloatness, the excessive gas, and earth shattering bowel movements that incessantly make aduable noise; all this very embarrassing publically. It is tied to stress and being nervous, as i get these in public a lot more than at home.

That doesn't mean that not being mildly stressed is the answer, as its a normal feeling everybody gets and alone its no problem and I need it obviously to be able to finish my work. I get more gas after meals, compared to say spending the whole day without eating anything, overall though food or not I would still be passing gas and abnormal bowel grumpling noise. Other germane health problems that i encountered at the same time or later was hair loss (baldness) and eczema flare-ups that never happened before until then. Nothing however compares to noxious gas and pain that turned me into a social pariah, its important to note that in the beginning it was just gas and then years later loud stomache noises developed and became a regular thing. So far i've managed to barely cope with all that for years, except recently for several weeks the condition became worse for some reason.

I find myself running to the bathroom usually 3 or 4 hourse after a meal, no diarrhia or constipation, but I get very upset stomache and violent passing of gas. Whats the cause of it? is it IBS like doctors say or is something else like parasites? Back then they did check my stool and came back negative but that doesn't rule it out right? What can I do to relieve or cure all that? especially the gas and stomache noise?

Last edited by Cointoss; 07-02-2012 at 09:25 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread