It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-03-2012, 12:31 PM   #1
(female)

firefly214 HB User
Diarrhea for 2 months

Was just diagnosed with gastroparesis and liver hemangioma but doctor says neither is cause for this diarrhea. Any ideas? I have no gallbladder for over 2 years now but this much diarrhea has never happened before and I have changed my diet since this to more bulky food and non-fat.

Old 07-03-2012, 01:11 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User
Re: Diarrhea for 2 months

If you've had the diarrhea for longer than a week, you need to get tests done to find out what is causing it. Did your Dr order any stool tests to check for infection? That's a good place to start. If you don't get answers quickly, please see a gastroenterologist if this is chronic.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-03-2012, 01:18 PM   #3
(male)

Rich775 HB UserRich775 HB UserRich775 HB UserRich775 HB UserRich775 HB User

I agree with ladybud. Also, some people don't really differentiate diarhhea (mostly liquid) from loose stools (unformed but not heavily liquid). Loose stools for a period of time is not that alarming and can be caused by a number of things. Diarhhea for 2 months is a little alarming and can raise concerns for dehydration and other issues.

Feel free to elaborate and/or pass ideas past us. But if it has been diarrhea for 2 months you should really see a GI doc.

M.

Old 07-03-2012, 03:36 PM   #4
(female)

firefly214 HB User

Ive had loose stools since my gallbladder was taken out in april 2010 but the diarrhea is different. Up until 4-5 days ago, was going to the bathroom 5 times or so at work and it was mainly liquid. Cut down my caffeine intake and that helped a little but am on bulky foods diet now and I just feel like everything is making me go to the bathroom. Appt with gastro is on thursday. I dont know if the liver tumor has anything to do with it and the gastroparesis causes the acid reflux only it seems.

Old 07-03-2012, 03:59 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User

I don't think there is any connection between the gastroparesis and diarrhea, but gluten intolerance can cause diarrhea and severe bloating, which can feel like gastroparesis- stomach is very full of gas. How was your gastroparesis diagnosed? Probably no connection between liver hemangioma and diarrhea.Glad you have appt.

Old 07-03-2012, 04:37 PM   #6
(male)

Rich775 HB UserRich775 HB UserRich775 HB UserRich775 HB UserRich775 HB User

Again, I agree completely with ladybud. You might ask your GI doc whether a celiac test is in order. Also, if wheat sensitivity is an issue (whether or not it is celiac), it doesn't usually take long to feel positive effects if you abstain for awhile. If the GI doc doesn't have other ideas, you could always go 2 or 3 week gluten-free and see how it affects you. You could test negative for celiac and still have a sensitivity to gluten.

Old 07-03-2012, 07:40 PM   #7
(female)

firefly214 HB User

Guess i should explain more. Had the celiac and gluten tests done, both negative. The upper endoscopy on March 1st diagnosed gastroparesis.

Closed Thread