It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-23-2012, 10:02 PM   #1
(female)

Artist16 HB User
Colonoscopy prep problem

I was told to drink one 10 oz. bottle of magnesium citrate at 1 with two dulcolax pills right after. then at 5 another bottle and two more pills. I finished them with no problem. I didn't start going until after I finished the second bottle and pills. I don't really have any solid pieces in my stool, but it is still brown. Should I be completely clear for my procedure?? I'm worried that I will still be passing brown liquid. Since the dulcolax can take up to 12 hours to work fully, I know I have awhile before I should be done. The last thing I want is to not be clear enough and to have to do this again, but I did the prep exactly as described and I can't imagine taking anymore laxatives for this.

Old 07-24-2012, 05:06 AM   #2
(female)

Bhryn HB User
Re: Colonoscopy prep problem

Hi there;

Prep can be a pain but just wait it out. Take plenty of clear liquids. Once it turns yellow and runs like water, thats perfectly fine, that's just the bile in your stomach. Patience is the key, as is keeping yourself hydrated. All the water you take in now will just help you flush it out more easily.

The brownish stuff you see is actually the coating for the intestines. Usually it's just mucus but time after time of passing stools will have coloured it. Like I said, patience.

And good luck with your colonoscopy! Hopefully you're getting knocked out for it, but if you're getting just sedated I suggest asking for gas and air as well, just as a backup.

Love, B xxxx

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-24-2012, 11:42 AM   #3
(female)

Artist16 HB User
Re: Colonoscopy prep problem

Thank you for your reply It is now a yellowish color with some little pieces in it. I don't think I can go anymore now, it feels like its empty but I still have cramps. Probably just my nerves though. And yes, as soon as I'm in there I am asking to be completely knocked out, or I won't do it. I can't handle it if I am not. I'm already sensitive when it comes to gas, so being filled up with it will be uncomfortable just by itself. I just hope I have nice people who are working with me, nurses that have good personalities and make you comfortable are amazing. Got about 45 mins. till I leave.

Closed Thread