It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-29-2012, 01:34 PM   #1
(female)

wonton67 HB User
help please!! :( Urgent.

I know this is gross. But I can't poop. At first I went but it was little circles. Then I felt a big one comming and nothing came. I kept trying to push but nothing. Now I feel sick to my stomache, and my bum hurts.I feel like I still need to push but I can't go back on the toilet or else ill feel like I'll barf. I'm in my room now laying down. I also kee shaking and I'm thirsty but I don't want to drink until my nausea is gone. I am also menstrating. What should I do, this is turtore.

Old 07-29-2012, 09:45 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

rufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB User
Re: help please!! :( Urgent.

How long have you gone without a bowel movement? Try sipping Ginger Ale or Sprite to ease the nausea. And I know it's hard, but try to breathe deeply to relax yourself! Whatever you do, please don't strain on the toilet, this can cause bad things to happen such as a fissure or aggravated hemmorhoids. When you feel the urge to go, which is called peristalsis, you want to heed the call as soon as possible. Are you getting enough water(64 ounces) and fiber(25-30 grams daily) ? Since you say you're nauseated, try Gatorade rather than plain water, which can be nauseating at times like this.

When you get this situation under control, you might consider using a fiber supplement such as Citrucel or Metamucil, it is easier on your stomach and system than a harsh laxative or stool softener. I hope you feel better soon.

Last edited by rufous57; 07-29-2012 at 09:46 PM.

The following user gives a hug of support to rufous57:
wonton67 (07-29-2012)
The Following User Says Thank You to rufous57 For This Useful Post:
wonton67 (07-29-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-29-2012, 10:27 PM   #3
(female)

wonton67 HB User

Thank you so much, but I just went! Thank god. I called my doctor because it had gotten really bad, she told me to try stool softener and if it didn't work then she wanted to see me tomorrow. I just wet, I got everything out, I think. I still feel very sick, and have a lot of pain in my abdomin, is this normal? Also should I drink the fiber suppliment now? Also, I don't get much fiber anymore because bread upsets my stomach, I need to have my gallbladder out maybe that's why it upsets my stomach.

Old 07-30-2012, 12:12 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

Whynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB User

Gallbladder problems can definitely cause pain and nausea so that could be it. Fiber cOmes from all sorts of foods - not just bread- and in fact bread, white bread especially can have very little fiber. The best sources of fiber are fruits and vegetables. An apple for example has a lot of fiber, just make sure to eat the skin. If you eat plenty of fruits and vegetables you should be fine in the fiber department.

Old 07-30-2012, 11:43 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

rufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB User

I'm so sorry to hear you're in such pain Thank goodness you were able to go! It took doctors 2 years to figure out my gallbladder was non-functioning, so I am so glad to hear your having the surgery soon! Do you have gallstones or non-functioning like I did? Either way, it can cause all sorts of stomach pains. Mine would be in my back, between the shoulder blades at first, then later under my right rib; that's what sent me to the ER and Walk In Clinic twice, I thought I was having a heart attack! Gallbladder disease can also cause alternating diarrhea and constipation also, you're not digesting fats like your used to.

So you probably know this already, but try to avoid fatty greasy foods, no oil, salad dressings, butter, cheese, ice cream etc. as this will cause your gallbaldder to try and contract. If it's gallstones, they have super sharp burrs and get stuck in your bile duct, that's what causes so much pain. You might ask your doctor about the Citrucel, it didn't upset my stomach and it is said to not cause gas like some of that other stuff does. I had trouble eating some fruits and raw veggies before and after my surgery by the way. Can you eat oatmeal and perhaps with some cinnamon and half a banana? My go to foods were brown rice, baked organic chicken with no skin; apple, steamed carrots with grilled zucchini and non fat organic yogurt, plus plain Stacy;s Naked Pita Chips from Costco for variety. I hope you feel better soon, please let us know how you're doing!

Old 07-30-2012, 12:27 PM   #6
(female)

wonton67 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufous57 View Post
I'm so sorry to hear you're in such pain Thank goodness you were able to go! It took doctors 2 years to figure out my gallbladder was non-functioning, so I am so glad to hear your having the surgery soon! Do you have gallstones or non-functioning like I did? Either way, it can cause all sorts of stomach pains. Mine would be in my back, between the shoulder blades at first, then later under my right rib; that's what sent me to the ER and Walk In Clinic twice, I thought I was having a heart attack! Gallbladder disease can also cause alternating diarrhea and constipation also, you're not digesting fats like your used to.

So you probably know this already, but try to avoid fatty greasy foods, no oil, salad dressings, butter, cheese, ice cream etc. as this will cause your gallbaldder to try and contract. If it's gallstones, they have super sharp burrs and get stuck in your bile duct, that's what causes so much pain. You might ask your doctor about the Citrucel, it didn't upset my stomach and it is said to not cause gas like some of that other stuff does. I had trouble eating some fruits and raw veggies before and after my surgery by the way. Can you eat oatmeal and perhaps with some cinnamon and half a banana? My go to foods were brown rice, baked organic chicken with no skin; apple, steamed carrots with grilled zucchini and non fat organic yogurt, plus plain Stacy;s Naked Pita Chips from Costco for variety. I hope you feel better soon, please let us know how you're doing!
My Gallbladder is non- functioning. Raw Vegys and fruits upset my stomach a lot! So I can't eat some of my favorite foods. But right now I am on a blan diet, I do have cravings for other foods and sometimes eats them...even though I am not suppose to. D: But what I usually eat Is natural chicken no skin, with white Rice. Sometimes I eat all natural no preservatives, vanilla and banana yogurt. I haven't tried steamed veggys yet, and I think i might give it a try because I miss it! So you still have problem eating fruits and vegys after the surgery?
Also, do you think I would be able to have soy milk? OR low fat milk? To have with some honey nut cherrios?

And one last silly question, what was it like for you after you had your gallbladder removed?

Old 07-30-2012, 03:06 PM   #7
Veteran
(female)

Same here! Raw veggies, salads, citrus fruits were horrible and I had problems with red meat as well. Basically, I developed an aversion to eating except those few safe foods and lost 13 pounds when I didn't need to, because it took 2 years to figure out what was wrong with me. So if you have a healthy appetite, be glad, that's what's keeping you alive! My surgery was a year and a half ago and finally now I can pretty much eat what I want, but I still avoid meat, greasy fried fast food, etc. and that is by choice not necessity.

As to the soy milk, read the label carefully and make sure it is low or non fat before you drink it. I'm lactose intolerant so I was already buying organic, lactose free non fat milk. Cereal is good, check the fat content though, nuts do have some fat in them and so do things like peanut butter.

Everybody is different, but the surgery was easy for me because it was laparascopic and I already knew my surgeon because he operated on DH and we both really liked and trusted him, so I was lucky there. He warned me not to eat everything all at once afterward, to gradually introduce things, plus his nurse was like a lifeline, I called there a few times asking questions LOL! I am seriously the biggest chicken in the whole world and I got through the surgery with just a few diet adjustments. It was barely 40 minutes when I woke up and I was home a few hours later. And most importantly, the horrid pains were gone! I did have gas pains from anesthesia but you just keep walking around as soon as possible and it will dissipate.

When is your surgery? I hope it's soon and please let us know how it goes!

Old 07-30-2012, 07:47 PM   #8
(female)

tula12 HB Usertula12 HB User

Try 5 dried prunes in the morning and 5 at night every day, worked wonders for me. My constipation was really bad, this was the only thing that worked for me.

Closed Thread

Tags
poop