It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-01-2012, 04:43 AM   #1
(male)

Supastar90 HB User
Getting very desperate - please help.

Hi everyone,

Hopefully someone can give me some advice regarding the issues I have been dealing with over the past few years.

My symptoms are as follows: constipation, stomach cramps, bloating, excessive wind and belching.

For the past few years I have experienced the above symptoms on and off. I would have an "episode" (all symptoms at once) lasting a week or so - then it would return to normal for a few months. I have been experiencing this cycle for the past few years however for the past 3 months, it has been constant.

I am a bodybuilder so my protein consumption is very high - I try to drink as much water and fibre as I can but doesn't seem to help. I have cut out dairy for the past few days but havent seen a dramatic improvement.

I will often have a small bowl movement in the morning, then be left with stomach ache, wind and bloating pain for the rest of the day. I will often need to take a strong saline laxative such as Fleet just to empty me out to give me a break from feeling crappy - however this doesn't last long, as the symptoms will return in the following days.

Does anyone have any idea what is going on?

Old 08-04-2012, 01:58 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

flipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB User
Re: Getting very desperate - please help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supastar90 View Post
Hi everyone,

Hopefully someone can give me some advice regarding the issues I have been dealing with over the past few years.

My symptoms are as follows: constipation, stomach cramps, bloating, excessive wind and belching.

For the past few years I have experienced the above symptoms on and off. I would have an "episode" (all symptoms at once) lasting a week or so - then it would return to normal for a few months. I have been experiencing this cycle for the past few years however for the past 3 months, it has been constant.

I am a bodybuilder so my protein consumption is very high - I try to drink as much water and fibre as I can but doesn't seem to help. I have cut out dairy for the past few days but havent seen a dramatic improvement.

I will often have a small bowl movement in the morning, then be left with stomach ache, wind and bloating pain for the rest of the day. I will often need to take a strong saline laxative such as Fleet just to empty me out to give me a break from feeling crappy - however this doesn't last long, as the symptoms will return in the following days.

Does anyone have any idea what is going on?
If you're eating lots of red meat for protein that could be causing your constipation. Drinking at least 64 oz. a day of water and 25-30 grams of fiber each day should help immensely. I have found that having a set time each day for moving my bowels works the best for maintaining regularity. I allow 30 minutes each day for this although most of the time I don't need the 30 minutes to move my bowels if I am eating enough fiber and drinking enough water each day it only takes 2-5 minutes to move my bowels and sometimes I will have 2-3 movements a day. If you don't move your bowels at least every 3 days then maybe using a glycerin suppository will help you to go without using harsh stimulant laxatives that will make it so you can't go on your own without them and you end up with lazy colon.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread