It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-01-2012, 07:16 PM   #1
(female)

JLQx2 HB User
Unhappy Colonoscopy prep advice?!

Hi everyone. I'm having a colonoscopy tomorrow and I'm dealing with the prep now. I was supposed to do the GoLytly prep but it made me nauseous and I couldn't drink it, so they switched me to magnesium citrate. I barely got that down. Anyway I'm hanging out in the bathroom and I'm in a huge amount of pain. It's gross to admit but it burns extremely bad everything I go. So much so that I threw up. I've always had that problem. If something was painful it made me vomit. I'm really upset because I don't know what to do to stop the burning except stop going to the bathroom, which obviously I can't.

Any suggestions on how to stop the pain?

It's so bad that I've almost passed out. I know I sound like a wuss but I'm being honest here.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-01-2012, 08:38 PM   #2
(female)

JLQx2 HB User
Re: Colonoscopy prep advice?!

I am really in a lot of pain!! Does anyone have any advice on how to stop it???

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-02-2012, 10:32 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User
Re: Colonoscopy prep advice?!

Oh wow, by now you're probably at the doctor's. I hope you were able to finish the prep and had the c-scope.

All the preps cause burning of the anus from going so many times...I usually hop into the tub and use a hand shower to relieve some of the burning...then apply a hydrocortisone cream.

How are you doing?

q

Closed Thread