It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-08-2012, 05:34 PM   #1
(male)

sesameseed HB Usersesameseed HB User
Intestinal worms?? please help! :(

Hello all, I'm usually good at dealing with IBS symptoms but today something seems off. I usually have one or two BMs in the morning, and for the rest of the day I'll be fine. However, *graphic* today I had a BM in the morning and it left me with a burning sensation around my rectum. My stomach felt uncomfortable all last night, sore and tender. After my initial BM, a few hours later I had stomach pain and had to run to the toilet again. This time I had looser stools that smelt quite foul. Again, I had burning near my rectum area. I read around online and saw a few forums saying it may be intestinal worms. I haven't ever had to deal with those, are they a possibility?

Old 08-09-2012, 11:36 AM   #2
(male)

Re: Intestinal worms?? please help! :(

Still waiting for some input, anything would be greatly appreciated

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-09-2012, 12:13 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Brocallie HB UserBrocallie HB UserBrocallie HB UserBrocallie HB UserBrocallie HB User

It is far more likely to just be an intestinal upset of some kind. Give it a few days, perhaps take some probiotics.

Hope you feel better soon.

Old 08-09-2012, 04:18 PM   #4
(male)

owieher HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sesameseed View Post
Hello all, I'm usually good at dealing with IBS symptoms but today something seems off. I usually have one or two BMs in the morning, and for the rest of the day I'll be fine. However, *graphic* today I had a BM in the morning and it left me with a burning sensation around my rectum. My stomach felt uncomfortable all last night, sore and tender. After my initial BM, a few hours later I had stomach pain and had to run to the toilet again. This time I had looser stools that smelt quite foul. Again, I had burning near my rectum area. I read around online and saw a few forums saying it may be intestinal worms. I haven't ever had to deal with those, are they a possibility?
What kind of a diet do you have? It's always good to get it checked out. You need medical attention, especially if you suspect intestinal worms.

Old 08-09-2012, 05:12 PM   #5
(male)

For the past week I ate a white bread, ham turkey cucumbers for lunch. At dinner I'd have relatively the same thing, with some carrots and some soy milk. Whatever it is, it's getting worse, yesterday I had stomach pain. This morning I went to the bathroom and my BM was relatively okay, not great but not bad. Cept a few hours later, with no pain or discomfort I had an urge to go and it turned to watery D. I got an appointment with a walk in clinic since I'm no where near my family doctor. Any more ideas would really be appreciated. I feel like I'm just stuck not knowing since the doctor can't see me until next Tuesday.

Last edited by sesameseed; 08-09-2012 at 05:28 PM.

Old 08-11-2012, 02:04 PM   #6
(male)

Just wanted to post an update and see if anyone has anymore advice for me. I am seeing a doctor on Tuesday. I walked into a clinic yesterday but waited for around 2 hours when a few ambulances pulled in which pushed everyone back another 2 hours so I decided to just leave. My BMs are still very strange as of right now, the BMs are not very well formed, some large some thinner and lots of mucus. Hoping for the docs to run some tests to tell me what's going on. My appetite is fine tho, I still have the want to eat. No stress at all since it's summer, not sure what this is! Hoping it's just a bug

Old 08-13-2012, 02:05 PM   #7
(male)

owieher HB User

Quote:
Just wanted to post an update and see if anyone has anymore advice for me. I am seeing a doctor on Tuesday. I walked into a clinic yesterday but waited for around 2 hours when a few ambulances pulled in which pushed everyone back another 2 hours so I decided to just leave. My BMs are still very strange as of right now, the BMs are not very well formed, some large some thinner and lots of mucus. Hoping for the docs to run some tests to tell me what's going on. My appetite is fine tho, I still have the want to eat. No stress at all since it's summer, not sure what this is! Hoping it's just a bug
THat's good you're seeing a doctor. Mucus in the stool can signal something.

You should avoid milk, spicy foods for now. If anything, try to eat something cooked and hot. That is, avoid sandwiches, ham, and instead cook something up.

Fresh lemon squeezed into water would be good too. Remember, not to over do it, but it's best to seek medical attention.

Hope you feel better.

Old 08-14-2012, 12:49 PM   #8
(male)

Thank you. My symptoms got better 2 days ago, but today they seem to get a little worse again. The doctors told me that I had some sort of viral infection and that it would take 4-7 days for it to go away. It's been a week now, but I'm getting really bad cramp like pains that come and go, it makes me feel bloated suddenly but then it would go away. Also, my BMs have changed from having a lot of mucus to being very cloudy. Is this a sign I should be going back to just rice and bananas and bread?

Old 08-14-2012, 06:45 PM   #9
(male)

owieher HB User

Quote:
Thank you. My symptoms got better 2 days ago, but today they seem to get a little worse again. The doctors told me that I had some sort of viral infection and that it would take 4-7 days for it to go away. It's been a week now, but I'm getting really bad cramp like pains that come and go, it makes me feel bloated suddenly but then it would go away. Also, my BMs have changed from having a lot of mucus to being very cloudy. Is this a sign I should be going back to just rice and bananas and bread?
Were you given any antibiotics?

If it's serious, you should definitely have tests done on you, i.e. blood work, scans, etc.

Closed Thread